JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
wdgjfevljs9swp7m7kxr.gif

http://sploid.gizmodo.com/watch-a-gun-safe-get-cracked-open-with-just-a-paper-cli-1762989392

I saw something like that a few years ago. I don't consider safes like that to be my 'high security' locations for guns. I consider it a tool for keeping kids away from your gun or keeping it more secure than just sitting in a drawer. The way they're built, they're pretty easy to crack open anyway, so again, I just treat it as a deterrent.

I knew the circle type key locks were easy for the experienced lock pick but had no idea it was THAT easy!

Ill try this on mine at home..
As @etrain16 said, at most it now becomes just a young childproof lock box.

Watch a few YuoTubes on lock picking, most locks are a snap. This type lock is held in place with a spring loaded plunger, think of it as a firing pin with the spring behind it. The technique is known as knifing because a long, pointed shim is normally used to engage and depress the pin against it's spring. The lock will then spring open. A beginner can open these locks in a few seconds once they see it done. There are other methods for other style locks, most take but a minute to break

be sure to read the comments below this vid!

That was AWESOME!!!! The stupidity of people not from this country just completely blows my mind. Especially considering that one's dudes comments, believing his kids are too smart to mess with firearms but not play with matches, knives, chemicals etc.....total losing battle for him....

That's a deterrent box not a safe.

Completely legit.

My boys won't walk straight or sit down for a week they try that.

My kids also don't have Internet access at the house.

That was AWESOME!!!! The stupidity of people not from this country just completely blows my mind. Especially considering that one's dudes comments, believing his kids are too smart to mess with firearms but not play with matches, knives, chemicals etc.....total losing battle for him....
I don't think you can limit this thinking to foreigners. There are plenty of people "from this country" who would share his rationale. My thinking is, by the time the kids are old enough to break into your safe/gun box, they better know how to handle firearms safely. If there are behavioral concerns, it would change my strategy altogether.

Hung around a neighborhood locksmith when I was younger, learned a lot of things. A few months back my boss locked an important presentation in his office security cabinet where he kept confidential stuff and lost his keys. I had opened a briefcase of his a few years ago so he asked if I could work my magic on his cabinet. I bent a paperclip with a pair of pliers and used a small slim letter opener as a tension wrench. Poked the paperclip into the lock and something in the back broke free and fell inside. When I removed the paperclip, the entire barrel came with it, pins falling out all over the place. Then I used the letter opener to engage the now exposed mechanism. He handed me his corporate credit card and told me to order him an actual safe.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top