JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Thanks. I was just writing about that now. :)

What is the legal situation with buying autos and having them shipped? I seem to recall a stupid 1950s statute preventing interstate commerce in said.

Thanks. I was just writing about that now. :)

What is the legal situation with buying autos and having them shipped? I seem to recall a stupid 1950s statute preventing interstate commerce in said.

I bought one last week and it arrived yesterday. This archaic law is never enforced. Since automatic knives are completely legal in Oregon (and have been since 1984) you can buy all you want and they'll arrive at your door without any problem.

Buy what you want with confidence.

CountryGent: Bid on that pair of speckled brown Italian Stilettos (9" and 13") for $100.00 and I'll bet you can walk off with both for $50.00 ea. + shipping.

(There are about 17 hours left in the auction).

Countrygent: Boker makes some manual "assisted opening" stilettos (they're made in either China or Taiwan) They aren't bad, and you can take them into the People's Republic of California (or Washington State).

Were I in your shoes, I would still look into a good 9" or 11" Italian auto and an "assisted opening" stiletto. Both can be carried in the same "tip-up" open top leather sheath/holster. If the butt-end is up, no one will ever know that one is an automatic and the other is an "assisted opener". Quick access to the @$$ end of either 11" auto or A/O stiletto can quickly fill your hand with "stabby goodness" if, and when, the need arises. ;)

If you are interested in a "fixed blade" knife, a Schrade SCHF21 (drop-forged, 1070 Carbon Steel Stiletto) is an excellent option. It is solid as a rock and will hold a mean edge and needle sharp point. The knife has a "click lock" sheath so you won't lose your blade, and it has an in-handle compartment with a neoprene ring seal for matches and other survival gear. The knife is a one-piece forged unit.

I hope that this helps.

• Not an automatic knife as carrying such is verboten in the Beaver State.
I believe that is incorrect. I received a Kershaw Automatic with a pocket clip at a raffle last year. The knife was donated by Kershaw and they even talked about it at the rally I attended. It's been clipped in my front pants pocket every day since then.
If the OP doesn't want an automatic, that's all good, but I believe is mistaken about the state laws.

If the OP doesn't want an automatic, that's all good, but I believe is mistaken about the state laws.

Carrying one completely concealed is illegal under existing law. Here is the relevant and currently in effect statute (2017 ORS 166.240):

(1) Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section, any person who carries concealed upon the person any knife having a blade that projects or swings into position by force of a spring or by centrifugal force, any dirk, dagger, ice pick, slungshot, metal knuckles, or any similar instrument by the use of which injury could be inflicted upon the person or property of any other person, commits a Class B misdemeanor.

Ownership and open carry is, naturally, not illegal. I have no interest in open carry of a blade, and am looking for one that is traditionally styled, hence the bullet point. (Owning just for fun would be neat-o though. :D)

If the pocket clip is exposed, Oregon State law considers that "open carry". A good pocket clip on an automatic Knife (SOG Spec-Elite II Auto) is an excellent option. The coil-spring driven auto has an AUS-8A steel blade which wears wear under daily use will make a great EDC/combat Knife. With the pocket clip, you are "covered" in any self-defense situation.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top