JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I use ultrasonic cleaning at work. There is no standard for the power delivered, so there is no simple answer about the potential damage to the parts being cleaned. But know this: sonication works by acoustic cavitation, which means creating bubbles and then collapsing them with great force. It's an extremely powerful and erosive effect, which will quickly eat away at soft metals like aluminum.

Low-power cleaners like those used for jewelry ought to be okay for gun parts, but keep the exposure time short and inspect the parts for pitting or rounding-off of corners. Personally, I wouldn't do it to my guns.

I have one I purchased from Harbor Freight, Chicago Brand, approximately $70.00 or so. Using distilled water and vinegar(look up the type of vinegar)it performs well. Some primer holes took manual cleaning, but this was pretty old shot ammo. All these brass shells, .45ACP. Takes awhile and you may have to do shells over and over depending on the age residue of the shot stuff. The shells came out nice and clean, and shiny. I like it better then tumbling ...Spad

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top