JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$1400
Manufacturer
Kimber
Caliber
Other / Not Listed
City
Hillsboro
State
Oregon
Zip Code
Hello,

This rifle is a Kimber model 84L Mountain Ascent in 280 Ackley Improved with a Zeiss Tera 3X 4-12X42 Scope.
It features skeletonized bolt handle, fluted bolt and barrel for weight savings.
The gun and scope together weighs 6.36 pounds and is an excellent high country rifle.

Included is 213 used brass and 52 rounds of hand loaded ammo for components only.
Also included is a set of Redding Full Length, Neck, and sizer dies plus 661 Nosler 140 gr ballistic tip bullets.
I performed custom load development on this rifle, and I will include the loading recipes that worked best.
The best 140 ballistic tip group was a 0.58 MOA for 4 shots and overall average under 1 MOA for all 4 shot groups shot.
The best 140 accubond group was a 0.63 MOA for 4 shots and also average under 1 MOA for all 4 shot groups shot.

This is an amazingly accurate rifle for being so light weight, mainly because the load has been tuned specific for this rifle.
The 280 Ackley is a great all around cartridge with a soft and a hard bullet choice for this rifle depending on the game.
Kimber makes high quality rifles which helps.....

This rifle was used to harvest a dall sheep in the NWT and a mountain goat in CO last year (thus the 2 kill notches on the stock ;-)

I didn't like the factory digital camo pattern on the rifle so I painted it as seen in the photos. My paint job isn't quite as durable
as the factory paint job, so that's why you see some scratching after only 1 year of hunting with it.
There is well over $3000 invested in this rifle and components, and I'm selling it for a steal of a price mainly because
I doubt the camo pattern that I painted will be super popular (though you could probably strip off the paint job if you don't like it).

Contact me and we will arrange to meet at a FFL for transfer in the Hillsboro area (buyer pays the transfer fees).

Thanks for looking!

P1030344.JPG P1030351.JPG P1030353.JPG P1030354.JPG P1030305.JPG

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited: