JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For a convenient carry "best stopping power" imo is bar none .45acp. I have 2 but mostly carry a Ruger LCP 380. I forget its there most of the time, and inside 15ft i can hit a pie plate quickly. No worries I won't stop shootin till they are down or run out of ammo...lol

In his book, Boston T. Party says that a handgun is only to be used to get you back to your rifle, which you should have had in the first place. Do you agree with him???

I do. I therefore conceal carry a FAL Para in my Thunderwear. The unfortunate side effect is that it scares off the ladies.:winkkiss:

When I am feeling more practical:

6lmf23a.jpg

m1911-07blowuptank.png

In war yes I would agree, but if I am out and need to use my gun hopefully my handgun will suffice or I'm a dead man. Home on the other hand I have a nice 9mm carbine with 30rds ready to go after I slow em down with my .45 1911...lol

My sawed off .458 African Model 70 Winchester is the most effective one shot stopper on humans. Either load, solid elephant or soft point tiger bullet is adaquate. Near misses are rare but the shock wave on the victim gives you enough time to use your back-up .375 Holland&Holland full size. Trust me on this one.Spad

The only way to stop a person cold is to make a T shot..from the tip of the nose to the bottom of the lower teeth, center of the face. The best stopping power is still the 357 mag 125gr.

To sum it all up: There is no such thing as a "one shot stop" every time.

There are people alive on the planet today that have taken a round from a .50 caliber RIFLE.

Shot placement, effect on target, number of hits in effective areas... These are all things that matter. Carrying what YOU are comfortable/accurate/most proficient with is key.

Think about it; We hear about people who survived gunshot wounds far more than people who have died from them. Every war has far more wounded than dead. If you can effectively take your assailant out of the fight, or take the fight out of your assailant, you have done your job. If I shoot as well as I possibly can, and my assailant cannot harm me, and he/she later recovers from his/her injury, I STILL have done my job. I walked away.

I feel just as safe carrying my .40 Sig as my .45 Kimber. I can shoot both, I train with both, and I never go to a range to just "plink." Every range trip has a purpose: To bring my speed and accuracy to the bleeding edge, fail, and then push it harder.

The Magpul guys have some very good instruction on pistol training. They also have very very good, real-world insight into the mentality of firearms and defense.

Amateurs train until they get it right, professionals train until they get it wrong.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top