JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
SOLD

Bought new in 2007. Used as my primary elk rifle since. Last year off a lead sled I did a 3 shot sub MOA group @ 100 yds checking zero before season. I've only shot Remington Premier 250 gr Swift A-Frame, never hand loaded this one. I bought enough box's back when I could that I have never needed to buy or load more. I don't consider it a bench gun, I'm too wimpy for that. 3-5 shots are pleasant with a nice push, after that it feels more like a fist from Tyson (imagining).
I've never had to hit an elk more than once with it. I have had to take a couple shots an a couple of occasions but only connected w/one of the shots. The farthest one has run was about 50 yds through the timber after a 40 yd shot, he was a bruiser. I can't really say how many elk this rifle has taken, mostly bulls but a few cows over the years also. I shoot it so seldom that the last couple years it has almost gotten away from me at the wrong time, last year left me w/the worse scope eye ever. Scarred forever from that one. It's not a heavy gun and has seen MANY miles in the worst weather but still looks great, that's why all my hunting rifles are SS. I just weighed it at a svelte 8.8 lbs unloaded. It looks big but carries small, the scope gathers light great and has a simple duplex reticle which is my preference for hunting. I can't attest to it's long range ability as my longest elk was just under 200 yds, I'm primarily a timber hunter.
You can get all the specs on-line. 26" barrel, fully adjustable trigger, jeweled bolt, excellent synthetic stock w/rubber inserts in the right places. This gun shoots amazing, I've shot less than 150 rds through it. I have a box and a 1/2 of the Rem 250's and a bunch of empty's that go with it.
It's time to pass this on and go back to my 300 Wins for now. This gun is in it's prime and would dearly love to continue it's life in the woods or out in the open country which it was born for.

$900 for the package - I'd like to keep it together for now.

Remington 700 XCR SS .338 Ultra Mag

VX-3L 4.5-14x50mm | Leupold

Thanks for looking.

DSCF2209.JPG
DSCF2210.JPG
DSCF2211.JPG
DSCF2212.JPG
DSCF2213.JPG
DSCF2214.JPG
DSCF2215.JPG

Last Edited:
The ultimate Elk rifle. I'd buy it, but I already have 3. The rifle alone is worth $800.00, I use the same ammo, unbelievably accurate. The recoil pad on that rifle is under warranty, if you call Remington customer service, and give them the serial number, they will send you a new R3 recoil pad, no charge.

Yeah, the recoil pad is funky, gets all gummy when sitting against other plastic or polyester.

The gun has been sold as of today.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.