JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think the 40mm is an NFA item. The 38mm isn't, but the extra 2mm makes it super duper deadly and needs to be controlled and regulated.

Bummer, 'cuz I only wanna rock a forty when I go out to party...

KINGCOBRA40Oz.png

Last Edited:
40mm is indeed NFA (destructive device), and each HE grenade is also a destructive device. That said, the 40mm with LTL projectiles is pretty damn effective and a hell of a lot of fun to shoot.

I also play around with the 37mm stuff... it's indeed not a DD, however, if you have any kind of anti-personnel ammo, like baton rounds, rubber-buck, etc, it becomes a DD. The main difference between the two is the 37mm is a smooth-bore, and the 40 is rifled, which makes it a hell of a lot more accurate, whereas the 37mm is essentially a gargantuan low-energy shotgun (you're peaking at about 400FPS in both)

Where the 37mm really shines is in launching smoke, illumination flares, tear-gas, and the muzzle blast of the black-powder that typically drives these things does quite a bit to dissuade potential aggressors.

I'm really into 37mm stuff. It's a lot of fun.

And 37mm stuff is not as prohibitively expensive as 40mm stuff too ;)
However there IS a potential NFA problem with using a 37mm or 40mm "airsoft/paint grenade" launcher because of the "anti-personnel" terming. I was looking at one particular "airsoft/paint" launcher that uses canistered rounds and is all metal/steel construction.. the rounds way of being activated seems to be too similar to the real deal other than the spring used.. the canister contains a gas system meaning it is basically a precharged gas canister; but the striker system is nearly the same as a real deal low-hi pressure launcher's system.

Edit; i am not saying theyre the same no. Thats asking for trouble ;)
Isnt there a website about making your own 37mm shells for smoke/effects and also had plans for sten guns as well as the bare tubes for them?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top