JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/19/world...preparations-what-countries-advise/index.html

Isn't this pretty much what everyone did during the Paris attacks? One option seems to be missing... FIGHT BACK.

Run
  • Escape if you can
  • Consider the safest options
  • Is there a safe route? RUN. If not, HIDE
  • Can you get there without exposing yourself to greater danger?
  • Insist others leave with you
  • Leave belongings behind

Hide
  • If you can't RUN, HIDE
  • If you can see the attacker, they may be able to see you
  • Find cover from gunfire such as substantial brickwork or heavy reinforced walls
  • Be aware of your exits
  • Try not to get trapped
  • Be quiet, silence your phone
  • Lock and barricade yourself in
  • Move away from the door
Tell
  • Call police: What do the police need to know?
  • Direction: Where did you last see the suspects?
  • Descriptions: Describe the attacker, numbers, features, clothing, weapons
  • Provide further information: Casualties, type of injury, building information, entrances, exits, hostages
  • And stop other people entering the building if it is safe to do so

When the people are unarmed and prevented from arming themselves...
...their government approved "to do" list gets to be excessively long and hard to follow.

Run
  • Escape if you can
  • Consider the safest options
  • Is there a safe route? RUN. If not, HIDE
  • Can you get there without exposing yourself to greater danger?
  • Insist others leave with you
  • Leave belongings behind

Hide
  • If you can't RUN, HIDE
  • Find cover from gunfire such as substantial brickwork or heavy reinforced walls
  • Be aware of your exits
  • Try not to get trapped
  • Be quiet, silence your phone
  • Lock and barricade yourself in
  • Move away from the door
Tell
  • Provide further information: Casualties, type of injury, building information, entrances, exits, hostages

............................................BUT...........................................

When the people are ARMED the list gets shorter...

-shoot back
-wait for the hired help to arrive

Last Edited:
Tell
Be quiet, silence your phone
OKayee,I'm confused hereo_O
Do I shut off my phone and be quiet or call the popo?
Do I hide or raise my head enough to see them... cause then they may see me?
Gee wonder why the bad guys picked Europe to hit this time?
A bunch of unarmed fools with idiots telling them how to survive
That Charlie Hedbow? said something about they don't have guns but they have champagne? Are the Brit just gunna change that to a spot o tea?
I hope not for all y'alls sake,but me thinks it may get ugly in the US before the season is over. Not worried about here but where my son lives is prime ground.(LA county)

"If you are getting shot, get shot with as many bullets as possible so to make the terrorists run out of bullets sooner."

I dont see the French arming themselves though. Just a very foreign concept to them. It would be like asking a ballerina to fight with a sledge hammer.

I apologise for my tone - you have posted nothing but the sad and sorry truth, based on the FACT that here in mainland yUK the government has made it illegal to own a gun for your own protection.

However, that in no way stops me from using any of my guns for self-protection in and around my own home, and that's why I'm never low on ammunition for anything I have, and my gun-safes' keys are in my pocket.

Meanwhile, even in our local town [where the few moslems are cab-drivers at the train station] I walk around in State Yellow - always have done since my first tour in Northern Ireland back in the early 1970's.

Mind you, if a bomb went off in this town, it would probably do a large amount of improvements.

tac

Mind you, it's pretty easy for you guys, living in the utopia a a society with the RIGHT to keep and bear arms, to heap scorn on an unarmed populace, regardless of the whys and wherefore of how they are unarmed.

I'd like to point out that your own unarmed populace don't do too well when faced with a couple of murderers carrying and using semi- or fully automatic firearms, but I'm far to polite to do so.

tac

No unarmed populace does well when confronted with wholesale slaughter - THAT's what I'm saying.

tac
"Well"? Dood, I'm no Jew but am proud that those slum Jews repelled the German army with just a few hard got small arms. Those few souls repelled essentially the whole german army for a few weeks. WHAT are you saying?
The Alamo etc. is a kinda touchy subject. what?

"Well"? Dood, I'm no Jew but am proud that those slum Jews repelled the German army with just a few hard got small arms. Those few souls repelled essentially the whole german army for a few weeks. WHAT are you saying?

How can you be so goofy and yet well educated? Just a rare gem you are.

I'm a a Jew, and those Jews in the Warsaw uprising actually HAD guns to use.

I never mentioned the Alamo, BTW. What?

But as I recall, they were all pretty much armed up.

tac

Mind you, it's pretty easy for you guys, living in the utopia a a society with the RIGHT to keep and bear arms, to heap scorn on an unarmed populace, regardless of the whys and wherefore of how they are unarmed.

I'd like to point out that your own unarmed populace don't do too well when faced with a couple of murderers carrying and using semi- or fully automatic firearms, but I'm far to polite to do so.

tac

I really didn't think that the posts before what you wrote were heaping "scorn on an unarmed populace", I thought what everyone was doing was heaping scorn on the governments that keep the populace unarmed.

You're right that our "own unarmed populace don't do too well when faced with a couple of murderers carrying and using semi- or fully automatic firearms". That's why most, if not all, on this site rail against "gun free zones" and advocates that every person in the world should be able to protect themselves.

Ray

Yup, is not by choice that I don't carry a personal firearm - if I could, I would, and when I was in a known terrorist environment, I did. Anybody getting at me was going to have to climb over a pile of empties.

As you say, it's not the person, it's the government. In the case of the UK, it was a government scared fartless that the three or four million disaffected ex-military personel, all skilled in the use of arms, were going to foment a revolt after the style of the Russian revolution. After that, it was all downhill until we have reached the sad and sorry state that pertains now...

Your last sentence is the one that has most resonance - EVERY peace-loving man, woman and child alive has the right NOT to get killed by anybody else, regardless of where they might live. It used to take a sword to do it - now it takes a gun to do it.

I recall the play on words that came from the bible - 'those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who didn't'.

Stay safe - go armed.

tac

My fear isn't the terrorist as they may kill me and I have been very close to death before. I fear the government and its goons as they will take my liberty ans freedoms away.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top