Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

UK Mainland legal handgun

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by tac, Aug 5, 2013.

1. tac

tac UK, Oregon and Ontario. Well-Known Member

2. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

Can you have cap and ball revolver replicas like the civil war models? Do they have to be kept at the club?

3. DeanfromOregon

DeanfromOregon Wilsonville Amateur Ascended Master Platinum Supporter

It's a portable musket!

4. tac

Well, I have a Ruger Old Army and a Colt Walker second issue, as well as a Ruger Super Redhawk .357Mag long-barrelled revolver. So I guess the answer to your question is yes.

People do not keep guns at clubs - they are totally responsible for the safe-keeping of the firearms they are permitted to own.

I have eighteen Section 1 - that means rifled - firearms here in UK, fifteen rifles and three handguns but I live on the mainland. If I lived in Northern Ireland, also part of the UK, I could have any kind of a handgun, just like you can.

Spare a few minutes to read the UK law on firearms - it's a sobering read, I tell ya.

BTW, the guy in the movie is most definitely NOT me!

If you look at tac's guns, I'm the one in the green fleece shooting the Ruger Old Army and in the latest one - tac's guns DeLisle carbine, I'm wearing my Clark Rifles hat [Thanks, Lee].

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPx3Ey-H9Ls

tac

5. edogg

edogg Western Washington Active Member

Aren't guns legal on the Isle of Man too? I heard somewhere that while they're part of the UK they aren't subject to British law.

6. tac

Nossir, The Isle of Man is not part of the UK, but it IS a Crown dependency, like Gibralter and The Channel Islands. They have their own parliament - the House of Keys, mint their own currency, their own VERY beneficial tax laws and vehicle licensing laws....and gun laws, too.

tac

7. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Thus has become the EMPIRE "where the sun never sets"....

8. edogg

edogg Western Washington Active Member

Ahh, right. Now I remember where I heard it. Top Gear went there for a road test where there are no speed limits. I think I'd enjoy a visit there too!!!

Thanks for sharing!

9. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member