JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
From the same people who brought us the movie "Attack The Block"
A wonderful movie about Brit gangbangers (the first scene of the movie shows the little gangstas strong arm robbing a woman) who become "heroes" for fighting an alien invasion of their block. Critics loved it and can't figure out why American audiences haven't warmed to the movie, and have hinted about racism (the gang members are mostly black).

What's there problem? Can it be any worse than 'A Clockwork Orange?' Quite prophetic that a 40 year old movie became the mirror of the Britain of today.

Speaking of, does any one else think of the Korova Milk Bar whenever they hear 'Beethoven's 9th', or is that just me :) ?

Keith

I actually loved Attack the Block. Was waiting for it to come out in fact.

Meh, it's all culture differences really. They're very much the head-in-the-sand types in general. Which is why the tools get banned and not the cause.

IF they are upset up this movie nobody tell them about City of God or else I think their heads will asplode. And that movie has been out for ages, plus its beloved by almost all.

Sounds like they have their knickers in a twist. Sad to see what's happened to that once great nation.

What's so sad about people taking offense to a movie about young children killing each other being drug addicts and having sex? I think its sadder that people think it's ok. Or that we feel a need to be superior by mocking those who might be offended by such questionable content that some consider "entertainment".

Just because it really does happen doesn't make it right. It's one of the things this country should be ashamed of.

But that's ok we can go back to insulting the Brits if you prefer. We don't have to take as close of a look at ourselves then.

What's so sad about people taking offense to a movie about young children killing each other being drug addicts and having sex? I think its sadder that people think it's ok. Or that we feel a need to be superior by mocking those who might be offended by such questionable content that some consider "entertainment".

Just because it really does happen doesn't make it right. It's one of the things this country should be ashamed of.

But that's ok we can go back to insulting the Brits if you prefer. We don't have to take as close of a look at ourselves then.

Well put!

It's the Daily Mail! They rely on controversy to maintain their circulation. Most of the calmer Brits that I know of refer to it as "The Daily Fail". Reading through some of their comments and discussions is like reading a book of the most uninformed quotes ever.

elsie

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads