JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I don't know how reliable the source is -

"A U.K. man has been charged with murder after using Find My iPhone to track down and kill the thug who stole his son's iPhone at knifepoint earlier in the day.

Derek Grant reportedly used Apple's tracking software to locate the nearby thief after his son was robbed on his way home from work at McDonalds. When Derek confronted the thief and demanded he return the iPhone, the thief blinded him with a knife to eye, which Grant says caused him to lash out and kill him"

Read more at http://www.cultofmac.com/289958/dad...l-thug-stole-sons-iphone/#LxMbRgxOGKWDbvt7.99

"A FATHER killed a violent thug who robbed his son of his iPhone at knifepoint.

Derek Grant traced Patrick Bradley using an app that revealed the gadget's location.

Grant confronted Bradley, who stabbed him in the eye. Grant then repeatedly stabbed Bradley, who died later of cardiac arrest."

Sadly, here in some cities and even states its the same.

I think a life for an eye is fair.

Had the thug been a few inches lower he would have killed the father anyhow.
Vicious attack none the less.
But hey, they didn't do it with firearm..right? :confused:

They've got to do something about knife violence in Great Britain.

There ya go folks, you heard it here first.
Bloomberg's London affiliate will be all over it by next week,...... ;)

Did you see the term "knife violence" used anywhere in those articles? I didn't either.
But then again, I wrote that post about "knife violence" as akin to the "gun violence" phrase that bloomie's minions love to parrot.

And I did so with my tongue planted firmly in my cheek, so a sense of humor helps when reading and understanding it.

But hey, if you think you've got us all scooped,... Don't let me stop ya. Carry on!

Did you see the term "knife violence" used anywhere in those articles? I didn't either.
But then again, I wrote that post about "knife violence" as akin to the "gun violence" phrase that bloomie's minions love to parrot.

And I did so with my tongue planted firmly in my cheek, so a sense of humor helps when reading and understanding it.

But hey, if you think you've got us all scooped,... Don't let me stop ya. Carry on!
...um, what?

I was pointing out that while you were being sarcastic the Brits really are talking about banning knives. Not sure why your butthurt-0-meter filled up, but you are maybe taking my response, which only had links, a little too personal.

And while "knife" and "violence" are not directly next to each other in the articles there are phrases such as; "violent crime is on the increase - and kitchen knives are used in as many as half of all stabbings," "study found links between easy access to domestic knives and violent assault are long established," "legislation to ban the sale of long pointed knives would be a key step in the fight against violent crime." You think the fact that British citizens are being further subjugated by their government is okay because they aren't using a "buzz phrase?"

Last Edited:
Let me be clear about my stance on a few things...

You can use force to defend yourself and your property.
You can use deadly force against someone coming at you with a knife.

Now that that is out of the way, lets go with the facts that we do know...

1) His son was robbed
2) The phone has a tracking app
3) He brought a knife to defend himself while confronting the theif
4) He confronted the individual who had the phone (note that I'm not saying thief here)
5) He's attacked after confronting the man with the phone and stabbs him to death
6) Police are then called

I don't have to presume anything about this incident to know that the father was an idiot for his actions.

I agree, this guy made some very poor decisions - over a freaking phone! My first question would have been, if the phone could be tracked, did he even try to involve the police in catching the guy? If not, why not try and get their help? While I realize they may not consider it a high priority, it's at least worth it to ask. As for stabbing the guy to death, well I have to wonder if the threat from the thief was over well before he was dead, but daddy just kept stabbing.

All in all a bad situation. But none of it was worth a lousy iPhone. People have some pretty F'd up priorities in life.

...um, what?

I was pointing out that while you were being sarcastic the Brits really are talking about banning knives. Not sure why your butthurt-0-meter filled up, but you are maybe taking my response, which only had links, a little too personal.
Like I said, it's too bad you didn't bring your sense of humor with you.
I'm not butthurt over your post or any other. I'm too busy laughing at the brits, and have been since they started this push to ban long pointy knives some years ago. (and clubs and bats and other various arms)
Yep, that's right, I read your articles (and more) at the time they were printed/published. This asinine "movement" by the brits started long before 2012.

They, like all statists, believe they can reduce assaults and crime by passing a law that will make killing/maiming someone MORE illegal, depending on which instrument is used. Which to me, is laughable.

My point about the "knife violence" phrase, is in the coining of it. Bloomberg and Brady rail about "gun violence," when the proof is right in front of everyone's face.
That being,.... It's not the "gun" or the "knife" it's the violence.
The joke was, because the brits outlawed handguns, it's time for bloomie to initiate the "knife violence" sound bite, like they have the "gun violence" soundbite over here.

It's kinda like that old campaign slogan: "It's the economy stupid"
We need to start our own campaign to counter the "gun violence" crowd.
As in: It's not the gun, "it's the violence, stupid."

But like I said, carry on!
I'm done hand-wringing over the brits and their stupid-assed approach to curbing violence by outlawing the tools of equalization.

Last Edited:
I agree, this guy made some very poor decisions - over a freaking phone! My first question would have been, if the phone could be tracked, did he even try to involve the police in catching the guy? If not, why not try and get their help? While I realize they may not consider it a high priority, it's at least worth it to ask. As for stabbing the guy to death, well I have to wonder if the threat from the thief was over well before he was dead, but daddy just kept stabbing.

All in all a bad situation. But none of it was worth a lousy iPhone. People have some pretty F'd up priorities in life.

Well I get that the father was probably very emotional to begin with...someone used force on his child to rob them...I'd want to kill the bastard too and I don't feel bad for the guy (if he actually was the thief and not some dude that found/bought a phone from the thief). The father clearly didn't think his actions through and will probably be in prison now for a while while his kid goes without a father...not to mention his eye...

So now the father may have lost his eye, will face prison and will be away from his family.

Who really won here?

Well I get that the father was probably very emotional to begin with...someone used force on his child to rob them...I'd want to kill the bastard too and I don't feel bad for the guy (if he actually was the thief and not some dude that found/bought a phone from the thief). The father clearly didn't think his actions through and will probably be in prison now for a while while his kid goes without a father...not to mention his eye...

So now the father may have lost his eye, will face prison and will be away from his family.

Who really won here?

Only one winner - Government - the anti-freedom, anti-self-defense politicians that get to use this story as yet another billboard for yet more control over an already highly-controlled British populace. It's very sad. Too bad they didn't learn a lesson about their own government when we booted their butts off our property all those years ago. Give a government an inch and they'll take 500 miles.

Only one winner - Government - the anti-freedom, anti-self-defense politicians that get to use this story as yet another billboard for yet more control over an already highly-controlled British populace. It's very sad. Too bad they didn't learn a lesson about their own government when we booted their butts off our property all those years ago. Give a government an inch and they'll take 500 miles.

Sad thing is, is everyone thinks this is over a cell phone...but it's over a child being robbed and a man trying to get his property back- just a lot of bad things happened in between and a lot of bad decisions were made all around.

I'm just glad this dude didn't do this to the kid (blind him with a knife). But it's the UK...it's an Island full of criminals.

Makes me wonder if Australia gave them back!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top