JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A Pessimist's Guide to the World in 2015

http://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2015-flash-points/
Skirmishes in the South China Sea lead to full-scale naval confrontation. Israel bombs Iran, setting off an escalation of violence across the Middle East. Nigeria crumbles as oil prices fall and radicals gain strength. Bloomberg News asked foreign policy analysts, military experts, economists and investors to identify the possible worst-case scenarios, based on current global conflicts, that concern them most heading into 2015.

Cool graphics and easy to digest condensed versions of potential bad stuff to come. Not hype but real probable scenarios around the world to look out for in 2015.

The one thing I noticed is that they left out the bad stuff that is more than likely to happen in this country. I am not saying that these other things are not important but what goes on here is extremely important. Long live the Republic.

Good point but just getting online, consuming numerous products and services daily, hell just breathing supports friends and foes of the 2nd amendment alike in ways we will never know.
Bloomberg's Billions make him money more than anything else through investments.
Maybe if you could get everyone to boycott most media and film and sports personalities who are anti gun you could change things yes. But we all know that ain't never gonna happen.
The Country as a whole is getting fed up of Bloomy and his global warming anti gun anti soda nanny politics. It's just on the left Coast and the N.E. that he's listened to.
Anyway, good article. don't think it's agenda driven other than investment planning for the new year. It makes some good points.

From the Slate.com article^

"Newsreaders will always perceive that they live in dangerous times." Very true I'd say.
The mirror opposite to that would be the common saying, "Ignorance is bliss".

IMO danger is all around, all the time, and always has been. Some years and some Countries of course have been and are worse than others. The law of averages protects me though so I don't lose sleep over it:cool:

I'll add that History readers will always perceive that we as Americans, live in relative comfort and peace that is quite fragile. Decades of mostly calm on the American home front has given us a Normalcy Bias all out of proportion world realities.

Realistically I'd say our chances are 60-40 that 2015 will not see major negative scary changes to our lifestyle in America.
Those are probably the same odds we've had since the end of WWII btw.
Not too shabby.

. Decades of mostly calm on the American home front has given us a Normalcy Bias all out of proportion world realities.

Those are probably the same odds we've had since the end of WWII btw.

As a young elementary school student in the 1964 - 69 time frame, we were doing the get under your desk, cover your neck and do not look at the nuclear flash drill about every other week. I was pretty much convinced that I would not make 12 years old since that Cold War nuclear thing was going to happen and the world was going to be destroyed.

Seems a bit silly now, but that level of propaganda had me completely convinced of that, even if my parents told me it would not happen.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top