JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't trust the drum mag, and I'd choose a different butt stock and grip, and don't see the point of the 15" tube (and added weight) when there is a combo hand and barrier stop in the midlength position. I'd prefer a folding FSB like a primary reflex and a middy MagPul non floated hand guard to make it even lighter weight and more mobile - a thin barrel may not be able to take advantage of free floating accuracy wise. So, I guess I like 85% of it...

Its not for me , but y'all know my favorites in the firearm world. LOL!

That being said , "the build your own AR" trend , reminds a bit of the muzzleloading world before the replica and reproductions were commonly available.*
Back in the late 40's through the early 60's guys would build muzzleloaders or re-work old rifles into "shooters".
Some of the workmanship was excellent , however I have seen some examples that were downright dangerous.
Also some of the early import replicas were of questionable quality.

Are there cases like this in the "homebrew" AR world?
I understand that there will always be fine workmanship no matter the rifle.
And quality parts mean nothing if put together sloppily.
Just wondering if " the make a fast buck with a eye catching but poor quality rifle" is a real concern to a AR buyer?
Especially during a period of high demand or perceived high demand.
Andy

*Note I am too young to really remember first hand the second wave of replicas of the 1970's , let alone a "new" gun of the 40's-60's.
But I have seen , shot and handled many a muzzleloader. Not to forget to mention doing countless hours of research on replicas or originals.
Hence my question.

Last Edited:
Not ugly or handsome, or in any way meant to be pleasing, any more than painting a hammer or screwdriver. But if it shoots good, then that part is pleasing.

But what do I know. A buddy of mine did a very high quality camo paint job on his tool locker at work, and to me, that was pleasing.

WAYNO.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top