JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I use to say Galloway Precision but I'm now 2 of 5 that I've kept. Joe had no problem working with me on the bad 5 but in the end we called it a day and he refunded my money

My ABSOLUTE go to holsters are Cooks Holsters - Bob makes the blue gun blanks that other holster manufacturers buy for their holster business, so the holsters I buy from him are always 100% good to go. He also offers a lifetime no hassle fix or replace and if you're in to podcasts listen to the Armed Lutheran podcast and Cooks Holsters has a coupon code.

Lastly if you can afford to wait up to 8 months our very own Idaho grown Milt Sparks makes to die for leather holsters the are Cadillac priced, but you truly get what you pay for with Milt Sparks (Boise ID)

My .02 cents if it helps

Thank you so much! I really do appreciate everyones advice, it gives me quite a bit to look into.
That's what we are here for. To help you spend money.

On another note, a good IWB that's Kydex for good solid retention is worth it.

I'm not a Kydex fan but I do have one that holds a mouse gun nice and tight no matter what I'm doing. My go to preference is leather that's been molded to my gun. No generics.

Ankle holsters that aren't tight enough they slip, or tilt outwards, IW holsters that are too loose my gun would fall out if I needed to pick up a pen from the ground..I almost have more holsters than I have shoes!

I'm holstering Glock but I ?might ?venture out to another brand down the road..

Does anyone have a holster company or website that just seems to always have a great holster? Or list ones you don't recommend wasting money on..

Welcome to the world of concealed carry. Almost every person I have ever known who does ends up with a box of holsters after years. What works for one never works for another. When E-bay first went on line it became a great way to clean house. I had a box full of holstered I had tried over the years that I stopped using. Sadly I have never found a way to know what works for me without buying and trying.

I'm 2/2 with Dara Holsters. If you have a light, optic, suppressor sights, rail, etc. they have an option to make it.
Glock, Siig, S&W, H&K... they support them all - IWB, OWB, Drop-offset etc.

I had a custom made and it took 16 days to make & deliver. A standard config order took 5 days.

I've only used Blackhawk Leather IWB.
They tighten by Allen screw onto the trigger guard, I have done the upside down shake test, they pass. Could use an ironing down of the belt loop opening to make them a loser fit.
One of my first holsters was a Blackhawk and I can tell you from experience that if you like Blackhawk holsters you're going to love pretty much any other brand. ;) Except Uncle Mikes. :eek:

Of the mainline holster makers I've found Galco the most consistent. DeSantis is a solid "budget" brand. Kydex holster makers are hit and miss to me. The ankle holster I use the most and have found to be about the best was made by Renegade out of Arizona - which unfortunately went out of business. The best ankle holster out there (to me) is by Alessi, but they're also spendy. I personally despise IWB carry, and I've tried many different holsters - the one exception is the Milt Sparks VersaMax II. For Glocks, consider signing up for email on Safariland's website. Every few months they'll run a sale and you can get 30-40% off.

If you're into outside the waistband, Ted Blocker in Tigard has a couple pretty good holsters I've used - the 911-M and the 911-T. The "tunnel loop" on these holsters pulls them in without making them uncomfortable. I've used a 911-M on a full size gun for 10+ years and it's a great holster for me. You'd just have to have a cover garment. Kramer leather in Seattle puts out really nice stuff, but to me their horsehide is actually too stiff for my tastes. My personal preference is to avoid Uncle Mike's and Bianchi. If you can walk into a sporting goods store and buy it, it might not be the best option. I also don't care for shoulder holsters, they're gimmicky and don't work well in real life.

It's all about the gun when it comes to concealment though. A double stack Glock or anything like it is hard to hide. The best concealment gun out there in a reasonable caliber is a Smith and Wesson airweight .38 special. I'd put that head to head with any compact semi-auto for concealability.

If you've ever heard of North--Central Illnois Custom Kydex (nickydex.com) - stay away from him. He's a scammer, he ripped me off and a bunch of other people too. He keeps slightly changing his business name so he can keep taking PayPal and not delivering anything.

Last Edited:
Best IWB kydex holster I've found is Vedder. It ticks all the boxes youd need. Adjustable ride height, adjustable cant, adjustable retention, tuckable if you need, and one of the best/tightest belt clips to give you confidence your holster wont slip off your belt if bending or running.

Ankle holsters that aren't tight enough they slip, or tilt outwards, IW holsters that are too loose my gun would fall out if I needed to pick up a pen from the ground..I almost have more holsters than I have shoes!

I'm holstering Glock but I ?might ?venture out to another brand down the road..

Does anyone have a holster company or website that just seems to always have a great holster? Or list ones you don't recommend wasting money on..
Which model Glock do you want to carry? I ask because we have the same IWB holsters for our G42, G43 and CZP10...and I do have a bunch of holsters on the
bone pile that never worked well.

I do realize IWB for us narrow bottom guys can be different for the more shapely gals, but this one works as good for Mrs308 as it does for me.

Fierce Defender IWB Kydex Holster CZ P10c "The Winter Warrior Series" - Made in USA- (Carbon Fiber) Amazon.com : Fierce Defender IWB Kydex Holster CZ P10c The Winter Warrior Series - Made in USA- (Carbon Fiber) : Sports & Outdoors

I use an Alien Gear - IWB 4 o clock. Like it much. Comfortable all day.
I also use an N82 Tactical. It takes a twist to remove the pistol, which is a feature I like. It is not some high level of retention though.

I have no experience with ankle nor appendix.

My completion holsters I would not use for conceal carry.

Ive tried both those, and they went where holsters go to die. Uncomfortable and bulky.

Kramer leather in Seattle puts out really nice stuff, but to me their horsehide is actually too stiff for my tastes.

Kramer is the kydex of leather holsters for sure. I think they offer an excellent balance quality, cost and lead time. So many of the great leather smith's lead times are multiple months some even a year or more.

Which model Glock do you want to carry? I ask because we have the same IWB holsters for our G42, G43 and CZP10...and I do have a bunch of holsters on the
bone pile that never worked well.

I do realize IWB for us narrow bottom guys can be different for the more shapely gals, but this one works as good for Mrs308 as it does for me.

Fierce Defender IWB Kydex Holster CZ P10c "The Winter Warrior Series" - Made in USA- (Carbon Fiber) Amazon.com : Fierce Defender IWB Kydex Holster CZ P10c The Winter Warrior Series - Made in USA- (Carbon Fiber) : Sports & Outdoors
I carry the 42. I don't like walking without carrying so for right now changed to a belly band, which has been the best so far for working out, It doesn't conceal as well as I would like, so I'm on the search for an ankle carry that will be comfortable.

I carry the 42. I don't like walking without carrying so for right now changed to a belly band, which has been the best so far for working out, It doesn't conceal as well as I would like, so I'm on the search for an ankle carry that will be comfortable.
Wifey has the 42 and carries in the small of her back. I like carrying at about 2:30, but small or the back is where it conceals better and usually ends up there regardless. Good luck with your search :)

Okay so this company has a weird name, but the are a Veteran run business and I love the holsters. Extremely comfortable and they have a great price.

Raw Dog tactical IWB holsters, leather backing, kydex front. I use them for my G26 and G19

Ankle carry is great for concealment and is not so great for a fast draw.
If you can get to your weapon from a standing position, that is a plus.
If you have to kneel, well who wants to be kneeling with a bad guy coming at you ?
There are some things to think about when it comes to ankle carry.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top