JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ankle holsters that aren't tight enough they slip, or tilt outwards, IW holsters that are too loose my gun would fall out if I needed to pick up a pen from the ground..I almost have more holsters than I have shoes!

I'm holstering Glock but I ?might ?venture out to another brand down the road..

Does anyone have a holster company or website that just seems to always have a great holster? Or list ones you don't recommend wasting money on..

I have had good luck with El Paso Saddlery and Galco holsters...
That said...I do not own a Glock so I can not speak on their offerings for this pistol.

Damn...there is a Kydex holster maker here on site..Ryan is his name and his holsters are outstanding....now if I could only remember his company name....hopefully someone here will remember for me.

It is a sad truth that if you like handguns...you will end up with more holsters than shoes.
Andy

Try the zero bulk IWB Versacarry. I climb ladders, fall down stairs, etc and my gun stays put. Been using it for several years now with zero problems.

I carry a couple different types in this:

i initially bought it for my G27. It fits my Taurus PT110 Pro, PT111 G2 and PT140 G2 also.

I like it. it is sort of a neoprene material and "adjusts" to any ankle. it is stretchy, but you can snug it up fairly tight if you want. I don't think you can jog with it, but you can cut the circulation off to your foot. The velcro is sturdy as i've had mine for ~10 years and it has no signs for weakening. (Then again it is not my every-day carry holster).

You sound like a friend of mine..... he's got 2 medium sized tote's full of holsters that he "tried and didn't like". :p

I have had good luck with El Paso Saddlery and Galco holsters...
That said...I do not own a Glock so I can not speak on their offerings for this pistol.

Damn...there is a Kydex holster maker here on site...Tim is his name and his holsters are outstanding....now if I could only remember his company name....hopefully someone here will remember for me.

It is a sad truth that if you like handguns...you will end up with more holsters than shoes.
Andy

I would be happy to patronize a NWFA member. I am in the market for a IWB Kydex or leather for a S&W SD9.

I like WHERE (4:00 IWB) I carry, but I want a solid holster. My nylon Uncle Mike's fits perfectly, but it is nylon, so it will wear out, and I must be attentive when reholstering blind.

Sorry for the derail - Back to your regularly scheduled program.:p

Ankle holsters that aren't tight enough they slip, or tilt outwards, IW holsters that are too loose my gun would fall out if I needed to pick up a pen from the ground..I almost have more holsters than I have shoes!

Does anyone have a holster company or website that just seems to always have a great holster? Or list ones you don't recommend wasting money on..

Kramer #3 was specifically designed for a Glock 19, I highly recommend it in horse hide and guarantee it wouldn't fall out.
Inside the Waistband #3 Gun Holster (Only for semi-autos)

As far as Ankle holsters go Alessi use to be top top dog when Lou was alive. Their wait was long but manageable and you always get what you ordered. When Lou died, Tom Kulwicki took over the shop. Again, their wait was long but they delivered. Then Tom passed away and the current business is run by who knows. They apparently share space with a gun store/indoor range. I've heard of phone calls not answered, emails ignored and products not delivered from serveral sources I trust. Ritchie Leather is who I'd suggest today for the same style...
Ankle - Product Details

My wife has had good luck with corset holsters. However that's not for every lady.
Same company makes various legging holsters and other types more suited to women.

As for myself. I lean towards a leather pancake outside the waistband holster. Favorite holster manufacturer is Winthrop. They take a bit to loosen up, but are extremely comfortable and hug my body better that kydex or anything else I have tried.

OWB -MTR Holsters are expensive and take a while to be made but perform exceedingly well. They have lasted me years even with hard use in the woods and the weather. Wright Leatherworks makes good holsters too.

For IWB, I have used AlienGear--a bit cumbersome to wear for me but they all had excellent retention. Another alternative to check out is Instagram- vendors. I'm, not ion Instragream so I don't know how it works, but my son has passed along some holsters from that source and they are well made kydex holsters at a very reasonable price. I have one on my hunting pack now, and it has worked really well under all sorts of conditions.

I use an Alien Gear - IWB 4 o clock. Like it much. Comfortable all day.
I also use an N82 Tactical. It takes a twist to remove the pistol, which is a feature I like. It is not some high level of retention though.

I have no experience with ankle nor appendix.

My completion holsters I would not use for conceal carry.

Better get used to it....

I've only used Blackhawk Leather IWB.
They tighten by Allen screw onto the trigger guard, I have done the upside down shake test, they pass. Could use an ironing down of the belt loop opening to make them a loser fit.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top