JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was trying to research the uberti dual cylinder SAA pistol (357 + 9mm cylinders) and haven't seen much at all on the 9mm.

A 10? Year old post said the guy shot 9mm only once cuz it fouled the cylinder and he would have to brush out cylinder after every firing to get the shells to load. So he only used the 357 cylinder. I wonder is this fouling from 9mm still a problem?

Anybody ever shot one of these in 9mm?

Also what is the best caliber choice? I like the idea of 357/38 special for ammo availability/cost, I like 9mm cuz I have lots of ammo, and 45LC I like just due to cowboy/historical thing. So I'm squarely "on the fence" as far as caliber. (Note that I know 44-40 is even more historically accurate but it's not that important to me to be that accurate ha ha). Thx!

Whatever pleases you/your budget for such choices is possible. 38 special became my choice right after 45. In SASS matches, a hit with either counts the same. Consider using half the lead in any given match, which do you choose.
Of course the more historic calibers such as 32-20/38-40/44-40 etc all come with a premium even if you reload.

I wouldn't think 9mm would foul up a cylinder any more than shooting 38s through a 357 cylinder.

Most issues with 38/357 revolvers that come with 9mm cylinders are accuracy issues. Due to the difference in bullet diameters. 9mm being a few thousandths smaller and not swaging into the rifling all that well as the larger 38/357 bullets. Handloaders resolve this by using larger diameter 9mm bullets.

I wouldn't think 9mm would foul up a cylinder any more than shooting 38s through a 357 cylinder.
Neither would I and I think the guy who said he had to brush out the cylinder every firing to get the shells to load was exaggerating.

Most issues with 38/357 revolvers that come with 9mm cylinders are accuracy issues. Due to the difference in bullet diameters.
This is true however I have found cast 9mm bullets to be a little larger in diameter with some being close to .358 and I have used many in .38/.357 loadings.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top