Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Uberti Cattleman question

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by wence5, Sep 13, 2010.

1. wence5

wence5 Vancouver, Washington, United States Active Member

I'm trying to find out if these revolvers come with a transfer bar hammer safety like the Ruger Vaquero or not. Anyone have an answer?

2. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

From looking at the schematics on their site they do not have a transfer bar, they are a true replica.

3. huntpotter

huntpotter SW WA Negotiator Bronze Supporter

+1,

I've worked on these Uberti Cattleman. True 1873 SAA replica. Same goes for Armi San Marco (EMF Hartford) 1873, Pietta (Cimmaron) 1873, USFA 1873, all true 1873 replicas.

In my opinion, the best one for the money is the EMF Hartford. If you want a true 1873.

If you have to have a firing pin block/transfer bar safety, the Beretta Stampede has a firing pin block. The Taurus Gaucho has a firing pin block. And Ruger Vaquero has a firing pin block.

And I'm not even a SAA guy, I'm a 1911 guy, but still have had a little experience with these.

4. wence5

wence5 Vancouver, Washington, United States Active Member

I don't want the TSB, so that is good news. I had a Ruger Vaquero, good piece, but I didn't like the TSB. I knew the Taurus, and the Beretta had this feature, that's why they are out. Guess I'm more of a traditional kind of guy.

5. coop44

coop44 Tacoma ,WA Well-Known Member

the EMF parts will actually fit a colt! We used their internal parts at times because of availability and price, virtually indistinguishable from the originals.

6. HeyJack

HeyJack Tacoma New Member

I have one and it does not have a transfer bar. A 6 shooter that carries 5 :D