JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The uber business concept is hammering the traditional cab taxi business. Because of this, you will see every Tom dick and Harry starting up a knockoff uber. This is good.
So why don't you concerned gun carriers start up a company called, Tank. A company that has drivers that are loaded for bear, and patrons that are expected to be carrying.
Know one would jack a Tank driver.

The uber business concept is hammering the traditional cab taxi business. Because of this, you will see every Tom dick and Harry starting up a knockoff uber. This is good.
So why don't you concerned gun carriers start up a company called, Tank. A company that has drivers that are loaded for bear, and patrons that are expected to be carrying.
Know one would jack a Tank driver.

I like it. My business slogan "Tank, Cause sometimes you run into a cab you just should not have effed with...That's us"

Thanks for the business plan!

Pretty common cowardly approach by a business - they worry about the liability they face if one of their drivers (who they don't actually employ) shoots somebody, so they make it a "policy" that their drivers (and passengers) can't carry guns. That way, if a driver (or passenger) shoots somebody and a lawsuit happens, they can claim that they're NOT liable under respondeat superior (Google it) because the driver (or passenger) was violating company policy.

Jim
A valid observation - especially since California just ruled that Uber drivers are employees and not contractors.

Cant carry a gun at my job ether. I understand the liability issue, but I think funny that i always hear conservatives jocking uber as a great company and competition to the market, while the liberals complain and back the union taxi companys . Then they stab all those people in the back with a no gun policy

Tank? For a right-hander, the front left spot (the driver's seat) is the worst location in a car, tactically. A driver, announced to the world as packing heat, would be a sitting duck for someone willing to roll the dice to get a gun or two.

Interesting idea, perhaps a fun joke that I laughed at, but quite ill-conceived. I'm not criticizing you, @Oregonhunter5. I know you were just kidding...

Tank? For a right-hander, the front left spot (the driver's seat) is the worst location in a car, tactically. A driver, announced to the world as packing heat, would be a sitting duck for someone willing to roll the dice to get a gun or two.
I am right-handed so I have already thought this scenario through.

I would have a hammerless 38+P snubbie in a horizontally-oriented, left-handed shoulder holster with the trigger guard partially cut away and a vest or lightweight jacket as a cover garment. If positioned properly, the gun would already be pointed at a person sitting in the passenger seat, and if things went south I could simply reach under the cover garment and grab the weapon with my left hand, with the perp's view being partially blocked by my right arm and my right hand on the steering wheel. I could then lift my right arm up slightly and start pulling the trigger, firing the gun through my clothing while it was still partially holstered. The ability to be fired while still in a pocket or holster without jamming is one of the huge advantages a hammerless revolver. I would get a few powder burns on my chest; the perp would get 5 holes blown in his. For backup I would have a second gun in an ankle holster, which is quite easy to reach when seated in a car.

Sorry, Uber is not going to risk my life by placing me into a gun free zone. Eff them.

I have a grandson in law that drives for them AND that I doubt would pay much heed to that BS.
THE SAME OLD ADDAGE OF NOT BEING CARRIED BY SIX......... GO FOR THE 12

Did you guys that are raising a stink about Uber and the old school taxi companies do the same thing when Cell Phones destroyed the Pay Phone business? A lot of small business that used to handle pay phones went under soon after Cell phones came to be. Technology has a way of erasing the past.

Breaking News: etrain16 bans Uber from doing any business with him.

It would be hypocritical of me to support the free market and in the same breath slam Uber for what they do in their private business model. If I hire an Uber car, I'm getting into someone else's personal vehicle under direct contract to Uber. Since I'm also for private property rights, then I support their right to limit what can happen on/in their personal property.

That said, I also am very supportive of my right to never, ever give a single cent of my hard-earned money to any company that would force me to be an unarmed victim just because even the thought of a gun makes them pee their pants. If they want to be that foolish, let them. They won't get my business. I'll leave that to Tank ;)

Now, I'm going to get back to work so I can continue to pay for my own car, one that always contains an armed person when I'm driving :p

Yep it is my car, Walk, or ambulance or hearse, or horse........
-----
but no cabs, no uber and no busses, airplanes, or trains.

Tis the way it is!

I have a new policy for any company that does not allow me my rights.
Fog them.
I will not allow them my business.
I'm tired of it.

Unfortunately Uber is worth billions and won't miss yours or anyone else's business from the forum here. The best response, IMO, is to tweet a photo (without your face) @Uber and @Uber_support of you carrying your gun as an Uber rider or driver.

Unfortunately Uber is worth billions and won't miss yours or anyone else's business from the forum here. The best response, IMO, is to tweet a photo (without your face) @Uber and @Uber_support of you carrying your gun as an Uber rider or driver.

The assault on our 2A rights is coming from so many directions that if we don't make a stand where ever and whenever we can we are going to lose more of them until they are all gone and there is nothing to lose.
It seems the popular "in style" thing to do is to come out anti gun. If all gun owners banned these companies I don't care how money they have. They would feel it and think about their stupid stance.
I know sometimes you don't have a choice. But, a lot of times you do. I for one am going to choose freedom every time I possibly can.
It's like buying Chinese versus made in America. Do you want to support the enemy until they defeat us?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top