JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Have a Beretta U22 Neos, I am looking to add some sort of scope to it. Pretty new to firearms in general, so optics are all new to me. Was thinking of some sort of red dot. The iron sights on the gun itself have been difficult for me to focus and change targets quickly.

Thanks for input.

I use it for plinking, targets up to 50 yds. I am working on faster target aquisition at different ranges and elevations. I thought about $50-60, not sure though. Googleing scopes has just been more confusing. So not really sure what is reasonable for price.

I use it for plinking, targets up to 50 yds. I am working on faster target aquisition at different ranges and elevations. I thought about $50-60, not sure though. Googleing scopes has just been more confusing. So not really sure what is reasonable for price.

Well, there are some red dots out there in that price range, but I have ZERO experience with them. I have a couple of C-Mores on a carbine and a speed steel 22 pistol, a Burris FastFire on another 22 pistol, and several Docter red dot sights on USPSA Open Division guns. The cheapest of them is probably the FastFire, although IIRC I got one of the C-Mores online for around $160.

Hopefully someone will be along shortly with some experience with the less expensive dots.

Thanks BillM, that is a bit more than I want to spend at this time. I figure $50-60 is a good first run at a scoped weapon. I know "you get what you pay for" when it comes to optics, as I have bought my fair shar of lenses for cameras over the years. Really just want a "starter" scope though.

Thanks again.

I actually use a ncstar open reflex sigh for my wife's neos. It's light and fast target acquisition is a breeze. Plus the .22 recoil won't throw off the sight. Lots of choices out there for affordable sights. Don't think you need a scope since it's 50 yards. Check out your local gun store