JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
USVI has mandatory registration, so "unless you can prove you disposed of it we're gonna tear your house apart searching it, brutalize your family, stomp on your kittens and puppies..."
My inlaws bought a condo and were planning on building a house on St. Croix. Tried to convince us to move there too. Highest murder rate in the US, no right to self defense, now hurricanes. No thank you. I have read on forums that many burglaries occur within a couple of weeks of informing the local police that you have a gun. They looked at me like I was crazy when I suggested California was nicer has better gun laws and way less crime.

Knock on my door with $10,000.99 and we can talk. Seems like the National Guard could spend time and energy prepping for the storm instead of kicking down doors.

You better believe the criminals in USVI all have guns and they will be going shopping in a few days. Oh yeah and since everyone in the place is related, their cousins in the police department wont do anything to stop them.

So where do all these guns go and how do the get redistributed to the right owners? They got that big of a place to store them and that good of recordkeeping? I foresee a LOT of problems with this....

So where do all these guns go and how do the get redistributed to the right owners? They got that big of a place to store them and that good of recordkeeping? I foresee a LOT of problems with this....
N.O police had to be pressured into giving the guns back (if they did). So... My guess is they don't unless the authorities feel a lot of pressure to do so.

Yup.

"When 911 is non-existent and law enforcement personnel are overwhelmed with search-and-rescue missions and other emergency duties, law-abiding American citizens must be able to protect their families and loved ones," Cox continued. "The NRA is prepared to pursue legal action to halt Gov. Mapp's dangerous and unconstitutional order."

Name that tune: under what # executive order did then Presidential Obama give himself extreme powers in a declared emergency?

From another website:

This has been debunked as fake news FYI

Fellow Virgin Islanders - Please beware of the rumors and misperceptions that happen in an emergency situation. This and the VITEMA page are official sources of information regarding this storm. Please be advised that there is ABSOLUTELY NO effort to confiscate anyone's weapons. As a matter of law, when the National Guard is activated in an emgergency situation they are granted the power to seize weapons and other materials they deem necessary to carry out their mission. Such an order is executed EVERY TIME the V.I. National Guard is activated. Anyone that says otherwise is simply trying to create confusion during what is already a very stressful time for us all. Those with concerns about this provision of the VI Code should bring them to our law-making body following the storm.

Not exactly fake but reported not entirely clear:

While the NG is AUTHORIZED to seize weapons and other material they are not specifically directed to DO so immediately or without cause.

Last Edited:
Virgin Islands Gov. Orders Gun Confiscation in Prep for Irma

Hurricane Irma, with its strongest-ever-recorded sustained wind speed of 185 mph, may pale in comparison to the fury that appears to be building among American gun owners following reports that the governor of the U.S. Virgin Islands has signed an emergency order allowing the seizure of "arms, ammunition…and other property" as the storm bears down on the islands.
Virgin Islands Order Allows Gun Confiscation in Prep for Irma - Liberty Park Press

And, since when does breaking a law stop a lawman from doing what they want? (ie Nurse in Utah)

Can they take your weapon, under this issued order?
From earlier posts, seems like they have a list of firearms owners.
hmm, You are hunkered down and some NG or Cop comes and takes your food, water and medicine,
will they stop there?

THAT'LL STOP THE LOOTERS: Virgin Islands Allows National Guard To Seize Guns, Ammo Ahead Of Hurricane Irma.

UPDATE (FROM GLENN [Reynolds]): I'm seeing this report in a lot of places, but the actual order seems more about commandeering supplies than seizing weapons from individuals. At any rate, such action would be illegal under federal law passed post-Katrina, which "prohibits persons acting under color of federal law, receiving federal funds, or acting at the direction of a federal employee from seizing or authorizing the seizure of lawfully-possessed firearms or imposing or enforcing certain restrictions on firearms during a state of emergency."
by Stephen Green - Instapundit » Blog Archive » THAT'LL STOP THE LOOTERS: Virgin Islands Allows National Guard To Seize Guns, Ammo Ahead Of Hurrican…
Highlight added to quote

From another website:

This has been debunked as fake news FYI

Fellow Virgin Islanders - Please beware of the rumors and misperceptions that happen in an emergency situation. This and the VITEMA page are official sources of information regarding this storm. Please be advised that there is ABSOLUTELY NO effort to confiscate anyone's weapons. As a matter of law, when the National Guard is activated in an emgergency situation they are granted the power to seize weapons and other materials they deem necessary to carry out their mission. Such an order is executed EVERY TIME the V.I. National Guard is activated. Anyone that says otherwise is simply trying to create confusion during what is already a very stressful time for us all. Those with concerns about this provision of the VI Code should bring them to our law-making body following the storm.

Not exactly fake but reported not entirely clear:

While the NG is AUTHORIZED to seize weapons and other material they are not specifically directed to DO so immediately or without cause.

That's what my concern was too. The actual document made no mention of "private" arms. Plus we have national legislation PREVENTING seizure of arms from 2006 after Katrina.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top