JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Finally, as the owner of the Maryland Avenue lot, the government—like private property owners—has the power to regulate conduct on its property. See [Adderley] v. Florida, 385 U.S. 39, 47 (1966) (observing in the free-speech context that the government, "no less than a private owner of property, has power to preserve the property under its control for the use to which it is lawfully dedicated"); cf. Bonidy v. U.S. Postal Serv., 790 F.3d 1121, 1126 (10th Cir. 2015) (observing that when the U.S. Postal Service acts "as a proprietor rather than as a sovereign, [it] has broad discretion to govern its business operations according to the rules it deems appropriate").

So when someone does something on my property I don't like, I can convict and imprison them? LOL -- all I can do is tell them to leave. Huge distinction between that and using force to arrest, try, convict, and imprison the person.

How did they even find the guns in the first place?

This is a lesson against leaving things in plain view in a car (which in DC has to be especially inadvisable because of the crime that happens there).

On May 30, 2013, Rodney Class parked his Jeep in a secured parking lot near the U.S. Capitol ...

Class' car drew the attention of police officers, who noticed a large knife and an empty gun holster inside. He admitted he had weapons in the car and police found three guns after searching the Jeep.

This is a lesson against leaving things in plain view in a car (which in DC has to be especially inadvisable because of the crime that happens there).

Bingo!
Think, people! Don't leave things out in view. Some nosy parker is going to be looking in your car and see an opportunity.

I hope this goes back to SCOTUS for review of the tortured reasoning used by the 2nd Circuit the second time around. This sounds like a judge simply refusing to be corrected and finding any argument he can to thwart that correction.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top