JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Say what...? U.S. gun makers of facilitated the trafficking of weapons to drug cartels, leading to thousands of deaths? And I thought it was criminals doing the trafficking. I had no idea I was that ignorant.. :rolleyes:
I suggest every USA company mfg. outside the USA (as in mexico) move back to the USA to prevent any other issues. Vehicles? Clothes? Home goods? Etc Etc.. 😂

Dan

February 1, 2022

By Nate Raymond

BOSTON (Reuters) – Thirteen U.S. states and two Latin America and Caribbean nations on Monday threw their support behind a lawsuit from Mexico that accuses several major U.S. gun makers of facilitating the trafficking of weapons to drug cartels, leading to thousands of deaths.

The states and the countries of Antigua and Barbuda and Belize filed separate briefs urging a federal judge in Boston to not dismiss Mexico's $10 billion lawsuit against companies including Smith & Wesson and Sturm, Ruger & Co.

The companies have argued Mexico has failed to establish its harms were attributable to them and that a U.S. law, the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, protected gun makers from lawsuits over their products' misuse.

Mexico's lawyers in a filing on Monday countered that the law only precludes lawsuits over injuries that occur in the United States and would not shield the companies from allegations over the trafficking of guns to Mexican criminals.

Democratic attorneys general from 13 states including Massachusetts, California and New York along with the District of Columbia agreed, saying even if that law applied extraterritorially, the statute would not bar Mexico's claims.

Representatives for the companies did not respond to requests for comment. Other defendants include Beretta USA, Barrett Firearms Manufacturing, Colt's Manufacturing Co and Glock Inc.

In a lawsuit filed in August, Mexico claimed the companies undermined its strict gun laws by designing, marketing and distributing military-style assault weapons in ways they knew would arm drug cartels, fueling murders, extortions and kidnappings.

Mexico's lawsuit said over 500,000 guns are trafficked annually from the United States into Mexico, of which more than 68% are made by the manufacturers it sued.

Lawyers for Antigua and Barbuda and Belize argued countries in their region had likewise faced violent gun crimes and that U.S. gun manufacturers "must not be permitted to hold hostage the law-abiding citizens of an entire region of the world."

So because Mexico is insanly corrupt and chooses not to crack down on their nation they start suing people? Lmfao. That is rich.
Blaming everyone else and doing nothing to clean their own house. Then again the CIA deals power to those cartels in exchange for lord knows what.

That's like blaming and fining fast food restaurants for patrons throwing the paper wrappers and cups on the ground when they've eaten the food….

Or blaming car manufacturers for a-holes who like to speed and cause massive fatal car crashes…..

:rolleyes:

Say what...? U.S. gun makers of facilitated the trafficking of weapons to drug cartels, leading to thousands of deaths? And I thought it was criminals doing the trafficking. I had no idea I was that ignorant.. :rolleyes:
I suggest every USA company mfg. outside the USA (as in mexico) move back to the USA to prevent any other issues. Vehicles? Clothes? Home goods? Etc Etc.. 😂

Dan

February 1, 2022

By Nate Raymond

BOSTON (Reuters) – Thirteen U.S. states and two Latin America and Caribbean nations on Monday threw their support behind a lawsuit from Mexico that accuses several major U.S. gun makers of facilitating the trafficking of weapons to drug cartels, leading to thousands of deaths.

The states and the countries of Antigua and Barbuda and Belize filed separate briefs urging a federal judge in Boston to not dismiss Mexico's $10 billion lawsuit against companies including Smith & Wesson and Sturm, Ruger & Co.

The companies have argued Mexico has failed to establish its harms were attributable to them and that a U.S. law, the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, protected gun makers from lawsuits over their products' misuse.

Mexico's lawyers in a filing on Monday countered that the law only precludes lawsuits over injuries that occur in the United States and would not shield the companies from allegations over the trafficking of guns to Mexican criminals.

Democratic attorneys general from 13 states including Massachusetts, California and New York along with the District of Columbia agreed, saying even if that law applied extraterritorially, the statute would not bar Mexico's claims.

Representatives for the companies did not respond to requests for comment. Other defendants include Beretta USA, Barrett Firearms Manufacturing, Colt's Manufacturing Co and Glock Inc.

In a lawsuit filed in August, Mexico claimed the companies undermined its strict gun laws by designing, marketing and distributing military-style assault weapons in ways they knew would arm drug cartels, fueling murders, extortions and kidnappings.

Mexico's lawsuit said over 500,000 guns are trafficked annually from the United States into Mexico, of which more than 68% are made by the manufacturers it sued.

Lawyers for Antigua and Barbuda and Belize argued countries in their region had likewise faced violent gun crimes and that U.S. gun manufacturers "must not be permitted to hold hostage the law-abiding citizens of an entire region of the world."
Screw them!

Cate

Mexico is a failed state
If we deported all the Mexican illegal aliens in the morning, there would be a full out revolution in Mexico before dinner.
Mexico depends on the billions of dollars that are sent from their citizens living in the US. If we cut that off by taxation or by legislation it would seriously damage their economy. An Mexico allegedly prints instruction pamphlets to show their citizens how to apply for social services when they're here in the states. And the cartels.
Mexico needs to clean up its own house before it has anything to say about the USA.

Last Edited:
This is another reason among many to boycott Mexico. I have an idea, if they want less American guns down there we could build walls, fences and seal the border tight. Nobody in or out. No trucks in or out. I will vote for that.

Sounds to me like they need to be suing George Bush and Barack Obama for allowing F&F in the first place.
Ditto :s0069: :s0094: :s0151: I mean, Odumbo's only sitting on how many multi million dollar estates, on a chump punk, peanut brittle, spineless jellyfish, word salad sh!t starting/talking, useless fukwadz salary:s0114::s0092::s0112:
Let's just leave ole stupid jr out the convo, as he's just a lost dumb azz puppy dog:s0131::s0077::s0112::s0114:

Last Edited:
The worldwide hypocrisy of arming, say Israel, whom is slaughtering children in abundance, for example, but then those aiding & abetting such vicious violence, want's to disarm in the name of child safety, so they say:s0170:
while enjoying the cozy comforts of all sorts of banned & illegal weapons self security :s0114: :s0038::s0004::s0010::s0112:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top