JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Seriously... I expected this to go down to defeat, but what I did NOT expect was that it came short of only TWO VOTES! IMHO I think it'll actually be better to attach it to the next defense budget, it may make it on there just fine, and won't be big enough of a fish to vote down or veto the bill... this could SERIOUSLY come to pass before we know it! :s0155:

Be careful... The NRA is touting this as a success-

<broken link removed>

A Bipartisan majority did indeed vote for it. :) Thanks were even given to my man Jim Webb. :s0155:

Be careful of what? There is no Bipartisan majority in congress doing anything but passing bills to spend more of our money. Almost passed = 100% failure in my book.

What the Demo's want to happen is what will happen. You can bet that we will see more of the same, aw shucks it almost passed, I was pulling for ya, political smoke screens like this in all areas of the Democrats running unchecked through congress until they are voted out by the disgusted public.

The fact is the votes are garnered, traded and sold in advance of the official vote, the actual vote just makes it official.

The NRA acting like this is some kind of victory is a sick joke.

Seriously... I expected this to go down to defeat, but what I did NOT expect was that it came short of only TWO VOTES! IMHO I think it'll actually be better to attach it to the next defense budget, it may make it on there just fine, and won't be big enough of a fish to vote down or veto the bill... this could SERIOUSLY come to pass before we know it! :s0155:

They attached it to this spending bill on purpose, this is the bill they had planned to shoot down aka F22's. You can bet the next bill won't have either the F22's or the CHL reciprocity but will have tonnes of earmarks and will sail through for Obama to sign.

Be careful of what? There is no Bipartisan majority in congress doing anything but passing bills to spend more of our money. Almost passed = 100% failure in my book.

What the Demo's want to happen is what will happen. You can bet that we will see more of the same, aw shucks it almost passed, I was pulling for ya, political smoke screens like this in all areas of the Democrats running unchecked through congress until they are voted out by the disgusted public.

The fact is the votes are garnered, traded and sold in advance of the official vote, the actual vote just makes it official.

Let me guess... You're a "glass is half-empty" kind of person? ;)

Originally Posted by Trlsmn View Post

Let me guess... You're a "glass is half-empty" kind of person? ;)

No I'm a don't spend my money and don't infringe on my rights kind of guy. :s0155: What kind of guy are you? :s0131:

I wasn't born a servant of the federal government. ;)

No doubt!
A very realistic, half full "kind of person."

Thanks Jamie. :s0155: I am a realist. Cameronhu seams to be an idealist ;)

Just so you know the difference Cam, realists wish for an ideal world but are prepared for the realities of the real world. Idealists are people that have not yet become realists. :p

And typical of a "progressive" (what a farce that word), if I don't think the way he does he attempts to paint me as a wacko or defective.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top