JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Offered is a 1942 Remington made US Rifle, Caliber .30, Model of 1903. The "A1" 1903 is configured with the "C" stock and is much more comfortable to fire than is the scant or straight stock. I acquired this rifle through the CMP about ten years ago and have fired several vintage military rifle matches with it. Like all the "Springfields", it functions flawlessly. Included is the CMP documentaton and a replica GI leather sling. The wood shows its age, but the metal is in very good to excellent condition. The bore is bright and clean with sharp rifling. The rifle shoots better than I do. The rifle was manufactured by Remington in June 1942, the barrel has 6 42 stamped below the flaming bomb symbol and the buttstock has been stamped with the last four of the serial number. All indications are that this rifle has been arsenal rebuilt at some point in its life. This is a relatively rare example of the M1903 in exceptional condition, except the normal dings in the wood, although the wood is very pretty despite the character marks. Oregon DL and CWP required. $1,000 obo.

Last Edited:
Well, not really, but I would consider it. This '03 is kind of my baby, and I love to shoot it in vintage matches, but because the rear sight is so far forward, it is not as easy to hit well with it as is the M1917 Enfield I also shoot, or of course, the M-1. The only reason I have it up is to reduce the crowding in my gun safe, and I obviously have high regard for it. Having said that, how old is your S&W, and about how many rounds have been fired? Are you the original owner? The barrel is obviously short, and firing a .357 our of a short barrel like that makes lots of fire and lacks energy in the bullet (relatively speaking). I wonder if you want to get together to inspect each other's piece and decide if a trade makes sense? Please PM me for specifics.

Hardwood floor guy,

As a connoisseur of wood, you probably would enjoy this stock. When I received it from CMP I dismantled the rifle and cleaned the cosmoline out of it, sanded and lightly stained the stock and then hand rubbed it with beeswax. It emphasized the grain and gave an excellent grip that is not sticky.

Last Edited:
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top