JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"What concerns the Court most though is the surreptitious manner in which Mr. LaPierre obtained and exercised authority to file bankruptcy for the NRA," Hale wrote in his ruling. "Excluding so many people from the process of deciding to file for bankruptcy, including the vast majority of the board of directors, the chief financial officer, and the general counsel, is nothing less than shocking."

Helluva way to run an organization.

Some of the facts that WLP admitted to on the stand were shocking. Not reporting free use of mansions and yachts, making very thin excuses for some rampant spending. If he cared about the organization he would depart. I am truly curious how he has convinced the board to allow him to remain.

"What concerns the Court most though is the surreptitious manner in which Mr. LaPierre obtained and exercised authority to file bankruptcy for the NRA," Hale wrote in his ruling. "Excluding so many people from the process of deciding to file for bankruptcy, including the vast majority of the board of directors, the chief financial officer, and the general counsel, is nothing less than shocking."

Helluva way to run an organization.

He excluded everyone just like the way he managed to "permanently cement" his position for life. HTH does an "executive vice-president" outrank the board of directors and the NRA President anyway?

That's like Eisenhower telling FDR to shine his shoes back in the day….

"diverting millions of dollars to fund luxuries for officials including longtime Chief Executive Wayne LaPierre..."

WLP is the main reason I let my NRA membership lapse years ago. The last time they called me I told them I will never renew until WLP is gone. They haven't called me since.

HTH does an "executive vice-president" outrank the board of directors and the NRA President anyway?
I don't know the by-laws and all that stuff. But in non-profits, the word "executive" before a title usually means a paid position. The organization hires a "pro" to get on with day to day management. That person is delegated to run the show. Once they get in there, guys like LaPierre and Putin can pack the house with toadies who owe their loyalty to them. After while, the elected board members have little relevance.

After this latest court decision, it's more than ever obvious that LaPierre should finally do the right thing and resign for the good of the order. But will he? No, he will hang around because he thinks doing that is for the good of the order. He is being noble and defending the NRA to the last freebie he can get. After the NRA is forced to fold, he will finally ride off into the sunset with all his loot and live the rest of his life in splendor,

I don't know the by-laws and all that stuff. But in non-profits, the word "executive" before a title usually means a paid position. The organization hires a "pro" to get on with day to day management. That person is delegated to run the show. Once they get in there, guys like LaPierre and Putin can pack the house with toadies who owe their loyalty to them. After while, the elected board members have little relevance.

After this latest court decision, it's more than ever obvious that LaPierre should finally do the right thing and resign for the good of the order. But will he? No, he will hang around because he thinks doing that is for the good of the order. He is being noble and defending the NRA to the last freebie he can get. After the NRA is forced to fold, he will finally ride off into the sunset with all his loot and live the rest of his life in splendor,

Someone will put a hit out on him…. o_O

Lost faith in the NRA years ago. The only way they can regroup and restore credibility is to send Wayne packing. Liberals and the other Gungrabbers are no longer afraid of the NRA and that is a downright shame.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews