JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
< Why they don't have school shootings in Israel.
Notice the long gun slung over the teachers shoulder?

(Reuters) - One of the largest U.S. gun control groups is launching a campaign against gun dealers who sell weapons to criminals which include protests and a slate of lawsuits.

Officials with the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence on Friday said the campaign will also include a code of conduct it will urge gun dealers nationwide to sign. The first protest will be on Saturday in front of a gun store in the suburbs of Chicago, which has been plagued with gun violence in recent years.

http://news.yahoo.com/u-gun-control-group-takes-aim-bad-apple-204145600.html

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Golden Eagle member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

These people are so clueless its scary. What do they think the ATF does with their time? How are they going to know what dealers are "bad" unless the ATF tells them. And if the ATF tells them then doesn't the ATF already know?

These people are so clueless its scary. What do they think the ATF does with their time? How are they going to know what dealers are "bad" unless the ATF tells them. And if the ATF tells them then doesn't the ATF already know?
All gun dealers are "bad" in their eyes.

They will just go for the ones they think they can make publicity from. That includes those that sell those evil assault weapon type guns.

These schmucks aren't clueless on one front. They realize that litigating and defending yourself or business in the court system is an expensive proposition. (Thanks to all you lawyers)

They intend to financially bleed the "little guy" first, then they'll go after the higher volume "chain store" operations.

They'll get their funding for these lawsuit operations from the likes of deep pocketed "elites" like Bloomberg, Soros, Gates, Balmer, etc.

"The group's president, Dan Gross, said 60 percent of guns used in crimes in the United States are sold by just 1 percent of gun dealers, which will be the targets of the group's efforts."

Really? Id like to see some documentation that proves that statement. Unless it was a huge national chain store I cant see how over half the guns used in crimes could come from 1% of retailers.

I dunno actual "Assault weapons" are already illegal. Weapons such as hammers, kitchen knives and even guns for that matter are all considered "deadly weapons" when used for assault and its criminal intent that renders them a crime to wield, Im ok with that.

And I am all for common sense gun laws.

Common sense would be that criminal action involving a firearm would be punished commensurate with the severity of the crime. If you gun down a innocent person in cold blood you should get the chair. If you rob a store using a gun you should spend the next half of your live behind bars. If your a criminal found in possession of a gun during the committing of a violent crime you should lose a few decades of your life. The incarceration should consist of 12 hrs a day, 7 days a week of hard labor and no worldly amenity s. That work should generate enough funding to pay at a minimum a 100% of the incarcerated s care, ideally contributing to other law enforcement costs. The taxpayer should not contribute anything. If there work can not fund it, then they do without.

Common sense would be that we correct society by removing the criminal element, not by restricting law abiding productive citizens.

Common sense would be that punishing and or stopping violent criminals should be the goal, not creating criminals of law abiding citizens by legislating inanimate objects.

Common sense would be that a well armed and trained society and a judicial system that guaranteed a person could act legally to protect himself or others from violent criminal intent would create less violent crime and a more productive society.

If there was laws regarding firearms it should be that all adult citizens should be required to attend a firearms training course at least as often as renewing your drivers license to ensure that the entire population has the ability to deter criminal activity. If criminals knew that the entire population was trained and had the option to exercise deadly force violent crime would plummet. I don't think we should mandate ownership, but I think education in the proper handling of a firearm should be something every 10 year old learns in public school. The training for, licensing and operation of a firearm should not be much different than the training, licensing and operating of a automobile. Both are tools, automobiles are far more deadly.

What we need is universal respect for a powerful tool for the betterment of mankind.

A firearm should be seen as empowerment for society and the rule of law and respect for them should be instilled at an early age.

I dunno actual "Assault weapons" are already illegal.

Not entirely true. If your state does not prohibit them (WA does, OR does not) you can own them, provided they were registered prior to May of 1986. Transfer requires a $200 stamp and a background check by the FBI. There are about 240,000 legally registered machine guns/assault weapons out there and only two have been used in the commission of a crime, one of which was a police officer who killed an informant. I've owned mine since 1986.

Aside from that, I'm on board with everything you said.

My statement was a bit ambiguous, What I mean is any weapon used to assault someone is illegal. Assault is a action, not a object.

"Assault weapon" has become such a common term that we sometimes forget that its doublespeak.

As far as I am concerned the only assault weapon that there is is the Bushmaster that has "Assault Rifle" stamped into its sheet metal. Not sure what marketing genius came up with that one.

1949900_05_bushmaster_assault_rifle_5_56m_640.jpg

Last Edited:
Dunno if it's already posted, but the Yes on I-594 commercial that was airing last night during college football made reference to how "you can buy guns over the Internet with no accountability" and then showed a browser displaying Gunbroker.com.

I heard GB might be reaching out with their attorneys. I'd love to see Workman do a big article on that and get it in front of the local news, even though the local news are biased jerks.

Dunno if it's already posted, but the Yes on I-594 commercial that was airing last night during college football made reference to how "you can buy guns over the Internet with no accountability" and then showed a browser displaying Gunbroker.com.

I heard GB might be reaching out with their attorneys. I'd love to see Workman do a big article on that and get it in front of the local news, even though the local news are biased jerks.

This scare tactic lie needs to be exposed. It would be great to see gun broker act on this. Surprised that they didn't just create their own straw man site like cheapchildkillinggunsdirecttoyourfrontdoorfreeshipping.com

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top