JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A U.S. Army solicitation posted July 18 on the Federal Business Opportunities web site asks for “non-standard” ammunition from vendors which includes:

- 2,550,000 rounds of 7.62x39mm ball ammo
- 575,000 blank rounds of 7.62x39mm ammo and
- 425,000 rounds of 9x18mm Makarov ball ammo
The desired list of calibers attached to a previous, related acquisition request also included oddball rounds such as the .303 British and the 7.62×25mm Tokarev.
Regardless of the army’s intentions, these large-scale purchases will only further intensify firearm and ammo shortages for gun owners across the country.

US Army JM&L Contracting Center - Procurement Network

they will be supplied to insurgents and friendly forces, the cia did the same in afganistan during russian occupation. These are probably for syrian rebels. Maybe, maybe not, the link you gave is dated over a year ago.

BTW that's not alot of ammo, maybe good for a couple of "pajama party" victory celebrations

A U.S. Army solicitation posted July 18 on the Federal Business Opportunities web site asks for “non-standard” ammunition from vendors which includes:

- 2,550,000 rounds of 7.62x39mm ball ammo
- 575,000 blank rounds of 7.62x39mm ammo and
- 425,000 rounds of 9x18mm Makarov ball ammo
The desired list of calibers attached to a previous, related acquisition request also included oddball rounds such as the .303 British and the 7.62×25mm Tokarev.
Regardless of the army’s intentions, these large-scale purchases will only further intensify firearm and ammo shortages for gun owners across the country.

US Army JM&L Contracting Center - Procurement Network

Probably for obamas buttbuddy muslims to kill our troops with.

they will be supplied to insurgents and friendly forces, the cia did the same in afganistan during russian occupation. These are probably for syrian rebels. Maybe, maybe not, the link you gave is dated over a year ago.

BTW that's not alot of ammo, maybe good for a couple of "pajama party" victory celebrations

i think you nailed it. youve got give give ammo with the weapons your supplying them with. at least they took the budget route on the weapons and went russian.

Obunga an holdem and biden and pelosuck ought to be sent to the front lines and feel the effects of the 7.62x39 rounds. They should feel it first.

Back in 82 at Ft. Irwin, CA they had us train with Chinese and Soviet AKs and I was just a 63November. I'll bet others got to shoot and train with them a lot more.

I don't remember that. Can you clarify? Do you mean Iran Contra?

The major supplier of arms to Iran in the 80s was actually Israel.

<broken link removed>

I don't know how to do cute links, but we sold them 80(I think 79 to be exact) F14's in the '70's. That's just off the top of my head. Short term memory isn't enough. They were technically our friends until '79. In fact, you can still buy their .30-'06 and 8mm ammo. I wonder how much ammo we shipped their way? Then we armed the Iraqi's to fight the Irani's. Meanwhile, arming the Afghani's against the Russians. It's really not hard to find.

I don't know how to do cute links, but we sold them 80(I think 79 to be exact) F14's in the '70's. That's just off the top of my head. Short term memory isn't enough. They were technically our friends until '79. In fact, you can still buy their .30-'06 and 8mm ammo. I wonder how much ammo we shipped their way? Then we armed the Iraqi's to fight the Irani's. Meanwhile, arming the Afghani's against the Russians. It's really not hard to find.

Yeah, when studying Anthropology, a common topic was how policy makers should check with anthropologists and other field researchers before making political decisions (not that those researchers always know better, but they often have important info). The Irani/Iraqi thing is one of the examples often pointed to. Allegedly the new Irani government was not popular, nor well supported by the people, until Iraq stepped in with US backing. Sending Iraq after Iran galvanized the Iranians and is pretty much what held the government together. Until that happened, the general populace was allegedly strongly supportive of reinstating the previous government and maintaining close ties to the US.

That issue was nowhere near my focus, I have never looked at the original research, and I could not in any way competently argue it. I only know this was often presented as an example of important, long reaching political decisions made without any knowledge of the general populace being dealt with.

Remember when we armed the Irani's because they were our friends? Then we armed the Iraqi's. Then the Afghani's. Since all those weapons were used to fight our enemies and none of it used against us(HA!), I'm sure arming Syrians or Egyptians will go well.

I don't remember that. Can you clarify? Do you mean Iran Contra?

The major supplier of arms to Iran in the 80s was actually Israel.

<broken link removed>

On a waaaaaaay lower eschelon level (militarily, not politically) I was part of Iran-Contra. I don't know how old you are, but try going back to before the failed Carter administration, we supplied the Shaw of Iran with all sorts of goodies, like F-14's sans the advanced avionics.

Flash back to the topic at hand of selling radical Muslims and Muslim "rebels" weapons and ammo... indeed, what could possibly go wrong? :s0054:

Probably for obamas buttbuddy muslims to kill our troops with.

Well that's just what we need... a bit of that old fashioned erudition.

Flash back to the topic at hand of selling radical Muslims and Muslim "rebels" weapons and ammo... indeed, what could possibly go wrong? :s0054:

Now that I can get behind... The best laid plans of mice and men, often go awry.

The world should be getting to be a better place because individual folks make good decisions based on their education and experience, and their parents' good upbringing.
Instead, we have a wholesale abrogation of rights and responsibilities- and handing them all over to the .GOV.

"Keep us safe, feed us, educate us, and in exchange we'll give up our Natural Rights so that we can feed at the trough."

Instead of "Keep us free and strong, we'll take care of the rest locally."

Oh, sorry... Started getting up on the soapbox.

Back to the topic. What in the hell are we buying ammunition for foreign soldiers in another country for?!

Remember when we armed the Irani's because they were our friends? Then we armed the Iraqi's. Then the Afghani's. Since all those weapons were used to fight our enemies and none of it used against us(HA!), I'm sure arming Syrians or Egyptians will go well.

"Irani's?" Learn some geography and some English before you expect the grown ups to pay attention to you.

"Irani's?" Learn some geography and some English before you expect the grown ups to pay attention to you.

Yes, Irani's. You act as though I don't know geography and "some English". Sometimes I call a man "she" or "her". I do that to be offensive.

My IQ is in the 150's. Your is obviously double digits. Go ahead and sit at the old, senile table. I'll be over here with the smart "kids" actually seeing what is going on around us.

What does your offensive bullbubblegum have to do with the fact that we armed these people and then were shot at by them? Do you have anything relevant, or do you just spew your bubblegum when your liberal virtues are under fire? What in my post is incorrect, other than my intentional misuse of "some English"?

Remove your head from Obama's *** and grow up. You really look like an adult, arguing over "some English".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top