JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
< Why they don't have school shootings in Israel.
Notice the long gun slung over the teachers shoulder?

Background: wife was diagnosed with liver cancer, have been going to OHSU for treatment. Wife needs transplant to live and our insurance won't work with OHSU so have to go to U of W in Seattle.

Got up there for testing yesterday. No signs posted ANYWHERE saying no weapons allowed so I carried my normal Kimber .45, two spare mags, my NA .22 Mag and two knives. Partway through the day we were given the requirements to get into the program. One of the caveats was NO WEAPONS allowed on the property even with a permit. If caught they will kick my wife out of the transplant program! So my wife would be penalized by a death sentence (not getting a transplant is 100% fatal) if I'm caught carrying! Naturally to give her a chance I'll abide by the unconstitutional rules but to penalize her for something protected by the Constitution is totally WRONG!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Golden Eagle member
WAC member
Vancouver Rifle and Pistol Club member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Last Edited:
Best of luck for your wife, sorry to hear that she has cancer.

That policy falls under a private property kind of thing. Will you be at a clinic or the hospital? You should be able to check in your firearm when arriving at the hospital with securty and check it out when leaving. Not that it makes you safer with unarmed security. My hospital does this.

Obviously they dont realize that concealed permit holders are safer to have around than the average citizen, but you know how people can be around guns thinking they will just go off and kill everyone.

I would not be too concerned being unarmed at U or W. if it was Harborview though, I would not go there without being armed to the teeth.

weapons police on page 5
<broken link removed>

Last Edited:
Best of luck for your wife, sorry to hear that she has cancer.

That policy falls under a private property kind of thing. Will you be at a clinic or the hospital? You should be able to check in your firearm when arriving at the hospital with securty and check it out when leaving. Not that it makes you safer with unarmed security. My hospital does this.

Obviously they dont realize that concealed permit holders are safer to have around than the average citizen, but you know how people can be around guns thinking they will just go off and kill everyone.

I would not be too concerned being unarmed at U or W. if it was Harborview though, I would not go there without being armed to the teeth.

weapons police on page 5
<broken link removed>
Actually we're going directly to the main hospital, so far nothing to do with SCCA. Guess getting a referral from OHSU might have bypassed that. I have a gun safe in the car so I can leave everything locked up while inside. I suppose even having them locked up in the safe and inside a locked vehicle is against the rules. But I'm certainly not going to drive up there, stay overnight several nights and drive home with nothing on me!

I hope everything works out for your Wife. Best of of luck.

Wouldn't it be covered by RCW 9.41.290?
Which hospital exactly is it?

Prayers for you and your wife during this trying time.

Sounds like it is time for a Glock 26 or 43 in an Urban Carry Holster, a spare mag in an IWB carrier, putting your knife in your pocket instead of clipping it to your pocket and carrying the fudgenuckle on like normal.

If it was me, that is what I would do. Don't let their hoplophobia and their socially retarded and unenforceable polices determine your level of safety for your family or prevent her from getting treatment.

Our Prayers are with your wife and with you. So sorry to hear this.
The rules at that hospital suck to say the least. Yeah that is compassion.
Follow the rules of the Marxists or communists or they let your wife die. Really nice people.:(
It is such a shame you can't get into OHSU. I think it is a great Hospital. The VA where I go has a great relationship with them also.
All we can do is pray for your wife that she gets the treatment and heals to be with you to the end.

SORRY ABOUT SITUATION..

2 YEARS IN COLLEGE WITH NO WEAPON POLICY BUT CARRIED CONCEALED EVERY DAY AT RISK OF NOT FINISHING PROGRAM..

WOULD SOMEONE REALLY TOSS YOUR WIFE TO CURB IF YOU WERE FOUND OUT??

GOOD THING THE GANG BANGERS ALL FOLLOW THE RULES

Please keep us posted on her progress.
Prayers are being said daily for her remission and recovery from the Cancer.

Sorry to hear about the wife, thats the tactic theyll use when they come for your guns.
-give us your guns or we kill your family. (Sure "from my cold dead hands" is great but killing your family we'd all pass them over i'm sure.)

If your really worried about safety you could apply some ky jelly to that maa mini and.... ;)

Good luck, with the wife i hope everything works out for you.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top