JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This should make you feel all warm & fuzzy: U.N. Agreement Should Have All Gun Owners Up In Arms

Have no doubt that this plan is very real, with strong Obama administration support. In January 2010 the U.S. joined 152 other countries in endorsing a U.N. Arms Treaty Resolution that will establish a 2012 conference to draft a blueprint for enactment. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has pledged to push for Senate ratification.

Former U.N. ambassador John Bolton has cautioned gun owners to take this initiative seriously, stating that the U.N. “is trying to act as though this is really just a treaty about international arms trade between nation states, but there is no doubt that the real agenda here is domestic firearms control.”

The real scary thing about this is that there are at least three SCOTUS cases that are of the opinion that a treaty can and does have the ability to supersede the US Constitution. If Obama enters into a UN treaty and the Senate confirms we may very well be screwed because of SCOTUS case law. It will definitely be a knock down drag out fight though.

Yeah this is very scary and we all need to contact our reps and tell them to vote against this, but knowing the Northwest politicians that will probably be a lost cause.

Oh god, this is terrible.

So, since my wonderful elected reps and senators from Oregon aren't likely to go to bat for me on this, what's my next, best option? NRA? What?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top