JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello folks, as I prepare to bubblegum my AR carbine to meet Kommiefornia bubblegum gun laws I need to remove a pinned/welded A2 flash hider from my BCM upper. Does anyone know if they Bravo Company pin/weld in a standard location or just whatever? I have watched a couple videos of guys doing this process but it seems a bit trial and error. If I can reduce trial and error..... well, that'd be great.

I'll be pinning and welding a J-Comp Type 89 which unfortunately I paid a premium for to get it here before I head south. Looks like I will be staying in Central Point the 25th of November before the final push in to NorKal.

Thanks Much!

Brutus Out

Just to clarify things, are you looking for where the original pin was welded onto the flash hider, or, where you should locate the new pin to be welded?

Yesterday, I removed a pinned/welded flash hider after watching a few You Tube video's and it's a lot harder then it looks.
I tried the grind till you see the outer threads then drill method, but I over shot the depth, so the barrel is trashed unless it's cut shorter and re-threaded.
Unless you have an accurate way to determine the depth (milling machine) of the cut, then you really stand the chance of ruining the barrel.

Last Edited:
I also contacted Bravo Company over the weekend. They respneded today and they stated 6 o'clock position. So bottom.:D

Armed with this info I will do this at a friend who is an accomplished firearm engraver and enthusiast. He also has lots of tools including the ability to weld. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Brutus Out

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads