JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Damn, poor people.

If there is a lesson to gain from it - it is how people act when they are desperate. Saw an interview with a 'looter' and the guy was nice and actually apologetic. He said, look, I don't want to act like this at all, but if I don't I'll starve and die.

Any aid trucks coming into the area are attacked and looted immediately.

As usual, WATER is the most precious item. So people that have no money for preps, take note. WATER.

Starvation and fear in the land laid waste by 200mph typhoon that killed at least 10,000: Dazed survivors scour the streets for food and mobs attack aid trucks in Philippines | Mail Online

Hunting for food and water like Zombies. These poor people are completely isolated from help and dying.

Typhoon Survivors Hunt For Food 'Like Zombies'

"People are becoming violent. They are looting business establishments, the malls, just to find food, rice and milk. I am afraid that in one week, people will be killing from hunger."

Witnesses described how survivors are forming long queues at aid stations, waiting desperately for handouts of rice and water.

The situation in the aftermath of the typhoon shows how important water, or the ability to get clean water is. I have 3 methods for purifying water, 2 of them in my BOB and 1 that I use daily.
I saw 1 picture frame on a video where a person had a handgun pointed as somebody out of the picture. He had his foot on what looked like a bag of rice.
There are a lot of helpless, desperate people in the Phillipines today and it is going to seem like an eternity before any resemblance of normal returns.

In this country we have to pay for people's meth habits, hospital bills, education and free food and rent.. In other countries, many people struggle just to get enough GMO rice and corn (sent from USAID) to feed the family, as they cannot even sustain themselves with the meager crops they grow. I have seen 12 year old girls raising their 8 younger siblings in a mud hut in an impoverished village, because both parents were dead from AIDS. Even, it was common that their mud huts will collapse from heavy rains and kill people as they sleep.

I was in Africa for half a year, so I understand how miserable some souls have it in other parts of the world.. I watched an 6 year old girl dying of AIDS because she was denied AZT from the USAID organization, TASO in Uganda, while the TASO employees were driving around in Mercedes Benz being followed by beautiful prostitutes and staying in luxury hotels. After being in Africa for so long I have a hard time sending money to assist people through crooked NGOs and Government aid organizations who use the people's sufferings for their own profits. As well, I just question all the government assistance we give to people in this country, when so many people in other countries suffer so much more and receive no aid, but must fend for themselves.

Life in rural Phillipines I am sure was already hard and this is just devastating.. I send my prayers out to these people who have to suffer through this horrible tragedy.

I would think of these would be more precious than gold - ($20) - can filter up to 1000 liters!

I have a half dozen various filters myself. Anyone who doesn't own at least one is foolish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thoughts and Prayers for those affected by this Typhoon. Countries without the infrastructure and resources of the U.S. have a tough row to hoe in a disaster like this.

"There, but for the grace of God go I." I'm sure there are relief agencies to donate to.

Most relief agencies are scams. The billion donated to Haiti was gobbled up by the corrupt organizations and little if any of it ever got to Haiti for instance.

A year after the billion dollar donations were made over 1400 people in one of the hardest hit areas were still sharing six broken toilets.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top