JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How about, look at what happens when people do what they are supposed to. Lives are protected.
Not as interesting to the media. Here's the facts: watch the news for a few hours. Count how many minutes of positive stories you see compared to how many minutes of tragedy, or strife or negative stories.

It's not even close.

Not as interesting to the media. Here's the facts: watch the news for a few hours. Count how many minutes of positive stories you see compared to how many minutes of tragedy, or strife or negative stories.

It's not even close.
If you watch some local news outlets (ahem, cough faux news) if there isn't enough local crime to report they'll find dumb or horriffic crime stories from other places as filler just to make us all, you know feel good about the country/world we inhabit. Then they'll advertise some dumb c$#p like lifelock because...you know...crime is rampant.

If you watch some local news outlets (ahem, cough faux news) if there isn't enough local crime to report they'll find dumb or horriffic crime stories from other places as filler just to make us all, you know feel good about the country/world we inhabit. Then they'll advertise some dumb c$#p like lifelock because...you know...crime is rampant.
What other major news site doesn't do that? Let's take CNN for example, I mean, I don't bother wasting my time with them, but I'm not even sure they know what to report on anymore now that they can't rag on Trump 24/7 as the President.

What other major news site doesn't do that? Let's take CNN for example, I mean, I don't bother wasting my time with them, but I'm not even sure they know what to report on anymore now that they can't rag on Trump 24/7 as the President.
I'm talking local news specifically. Faux is just an easy target but Sinclair affilliates do it too. All national news--right and left leaning--is doom and gloom because pessimism sells.

I'm talking local news specifically. All national news--right and left leaning--is doom and gloom because pessimism sells.
Local news is still doom and gloom, it's just local doom and gloom, which often references national doom and gloom, sprinkled with some "feel good" story here and there.

When the news started to report on what people were commenting on Twitter and what idiot challenges people were doing on Tic Toc, that was probably the signal to turn off the news to anyone still bothering to watch it.

Haven't you heard? The guy that everyone else thought was in charge because, well, HE WAS is now saying that he DIDN'T think he was in charge and therefore not responsible
If this excuse flies, you can bet your arse I'm gonna start using it on everything.

**Edit to add** Actually...now that I think about it, I'm not really in charge of anything so that's not gonna work.

NPR did a pretty good segment om this a few years back, IIRC someone had written a book about it. Short version is that there was a 'perfect storm' back in 1980 when CNN launched and we were 7 months into the Iranian Hostage Crisis. Prior to this TV news was +/- 15 min but all of a sudden traditional networks started loosing viewers to CNN over extended coverage of the hostage crisis and so news was 15 min followed by another r15 min of crisis coverage. But the networks lost revenue because prior to that news was more of a public service and not a revenue generating time slot. Except now you had big graphics and shocking teasers to keep people watching and it was an easy step to adding commercials to the expanded news segment. Hostage crisis ends but no one wants to give up their sweet new jobs or loose ad money so they pivoted those shows to things like serial killers and 'in-depth investigations' with teasers like "Is something you are doing right now going kill you in your sleep tonight? Tune in tomorrow to find out what we have learned"

Don Henley even wrote a pretty catchy (if self serving) song about it:

They should check for guns when you enter a large building with hundreds of precious children inside.

We do that to protect airline passengers and also Government employees.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top