JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You can get a Yaesu FT-70 for less than $200. Baofeng can be had for less than $40, but they are cheap-o and tend to not last.
Oh I don't know. I have several UV5R's that have been working great for the last several years. They get kicked around quite a bit as well. My newer FH8P's rock as well. The one time I did have a problem with my GMRS V-1, Baofengtech took care of it no questions asked.
Everybody likes to bash the Baofeng's but the truth is that they perform as good as any of the handheld's out there with minor exceptions. For what you pay for them, if you lose it somehow it's not a big deal. Pretty much all of the accessories are backwards compatible and they can all be easily programmed with free Chirp software.

I program them by hand. And I still have one. But I've had several fail with moderate use. I don't use HT's that often and rely on my mobile rigs for coms.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top