JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am new to IDPA (first match last week) and have a couple questions about the clock:

• Am I correct in assuming the clock stops promptly on your last shot of each string in the classifier?

• How do they know when to stop the clock during a regular match that allows for an unlimited number of rounds in each stage?

Am I correct in assuming the clock stops promptly on your last shot of each string in the classifier?

Yup.

How do they know when to stop the clock during a regular match that allows for an unlimited number of rounds in each stage?

The clock doesn't care how many shots you take, it just displays the time of your LAST shot.

The clock starts an INTERNAL timer when the button is pushed on the top and it goes beep. The clock "hears" the sound of your first gun shot and displays the time of that shot, but internally, the clock is still running the timer. At the sound of the second shot, the clock displays the new time, but the internal clock keeps running. This way, the clock is only telling you the time between the beep and the last shot that it heard.

Bob,

The timer does one thing... it just registers from the time you start (buzzer) to the time you shot... be it one or a long string of fire. For IDPA the last shot is your time. So, from when the buzzer goes off to the last shot (that is your time for score). This is why the IDPA SO will ask you if you are done and then to make and show clear.

During a match you only get the final time.

Do know there are several models of timers out there but they can also mostly do the following features: (this is good for personal use)

Timer Mode: Displays the number of shots and time between shots, from first to last.

Review Mode: Shows incremental times from the first to the last shot fired.

Set Mode: Used to switch between Delay and Instant and enter or clear a PAR time.

So, if you look at one you can see each shot and time. They cost anywhere from $100 and up.

If you have an IPhone they have an "app" for it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top