JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
From September 15th through November 15th I am going to abstain from spending any new money on firearm related purchases. I have numerous firearms that I have had for years that I've never fired, many others that have barely been used. If I desperately need something I will sell something out of my current inventory or trade for it.

Two months might not seem like much but at the rate I have been buying stuff it will save me a bundle. There are so many good deals out there right now, I am finding it very difficult to resist.

This abstinence from shopping should allow me to free up some time to get acquainted with my neglected firearm collection and reloading equipment/supplies.

When Black Friday rolls around I will be ready to go at it again. Hopefully by then, I will have a better idea of what I really want rather than just buying something because it's a good deal (big problem for me).

Anybody else considered trying something like this (voluntarily).

I'm pretty satiated with actual firearms... I believe I have over 50 pieces, not counting the several 80% kits I have sitting in the safe... I've .kinda lost count. :rolleyes:

I have plenty of "factory" ammo stored up in ammo cans which is my "zero base" inventory and doesn't get used unless there's a legit emergency, but I've been dumping money into reloading materials and equipment lately. I now have a Dillion XL650 with just about all the bells a whistles you can put on it, a RockChucker for precision long-range ammo, a dry tumbler and a wet tumbler, a MEC shot-shell press, and recently bought a brass annealing machine which is on the way....

I'm going to acquire more brass, powder, primers, projectiles, and a plate carrier with some armor... but as for buying "more guns"? Probably not.... unless there's something too good to pass up. ;)

I'll just be looking for ammo deals for the foreseeable future. Shoot up the "cheap" stuff and replace it with 2x quantity of better quality.

I'm pretty satiated with actual firearms... I believe I have over 50 pieces, not counting the several 80% kits I have sitting in the safe... I've .kinda lost count. :rolleyes:

I have plenty of "factory" ammo stored up in ammo cans which is my "zero base" inventory and doesn't get used unless there's a legit emergency, but I've been dumping money into reloading materials and equipment lately. I now have a Dillion XL650 with just about all the bells a whistles you can put on it, a RockChucker for precision long-range ammo, a dry tumbler and a wet tumbler, a MEC shot-shell press, and recently bought a brass annealing machine which is on the way....

I'm going to acquire more brass, powder, primers, projectiles, and a plate carrier with some armor... but as for buying "more guns"? Probably not.... unless there's something too good to pass up. ;)
My shopping addiction extends to reloading components too. I have many many thousands of bullets, cases and primers and a decent selection of powders. Even so, I keep buying more.

I think in the last year I loaded 40 rounds of 223 and that's it. It's a borderline sickness for me (wife would say it's not borderline)

Thankfully I don't have room for more than my single stage press.

I haven't bought anything for a few months which is not the norm. After years of trading and buying, there just isn't much of anything I really have an itch for. Like the OP, I have guns that I have never fired and others that have rarely been fired. Prices are in the tank and bargains go begging. I did buy an electric bike recently and maybe that has something to do with it.

Good deals & interesting stuff just keeps on popping up. Dang it!

So now it's more a consideration of "want" than "need", for us.

It's nice to be comfortable, however we won't be complacent. If something is a great deal, & that we'll use, then I'll buy it.

reloading party at stompers!

Myself.. There are too many good deals right now. I keep finding deals at pawn shops.
Ive picked up 3 firearms in less than 1-2 months. (Layaway or outright purchased)
(only one was a poor deal because it was an impulse buy)..

But I suppose if I didnt buy those cheaper firearms I could finally finish the 4 gun projects I have running right now. I figure Ill do all that once the panic buying starts since firearms will only go up in price.

However.. if I took two entire months off from any and all gun related purchases.. Well Id certainly save a pretty penny or two.
Best of luck. Hope you don't go through too rough of a gun withdraw phase. I hear the sweats and shakes are the hardest part, but it passes.

Last Edited:
From September 15th through November 15th I am going to abstain from spending any new money on firearm related purchases.

Anybody else considered trying something like this (voluntarily).

Yeah, I'm done buying guns for the year. I got burned on a couple of impulse purchases, buying guns I ended up not liking just because they were on sale. Then I took a bath $$$ when I got rid of them.

I'm very happy with what I have. Sometimes I look through my safe, and I marvel how much cool stuff I have collected. I just never have the time to enjoy it all. For now I'm going to focus on ammo, accessories, and optics. Eventually I do want one of those FAL clones made by DS. Eventually ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top