JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
From September 15th through November 15th I am going to abstain from spending any new money on firearm related purchases. I have numerous firearms that I have had for years that I've never fired, many others that have barely been used. If I desperately need something I will sell something out of my current inventory or trade for it.

Two months might not seem like much but at the rate I have been buying stuff it will save me a bundle. There are so many good deals out there right now, I am finding it very difficult to resist.

This abstinence from shopping should allow me to free up some time to get acquainted with my neglected firearm collection and reloading equipment/supplies.

When Black Friday rolls around I will be ready to go at it again. Hopefully by then, I will have a better idea of what I really want rather than just buying something because it's a good deal (big problem for me).

Anybody else considered trying something like this (voluntarily).

I'm pretty satiated with actual firearms... I believe I have over 50 pieces, not counting the several 80% kits I have sitting in the safe... I've .kinda lost count. :rolleyes:

I have plenty of "factory" ammo stored up in ammo cans which is my "zero base" inventory and doesn't get used unless there's a legit emergency, but I've been dumping money into reloading materials and equipment lately. I now have a Dillion XL650 with just about all the bells a whistles you can put on it, a RockChucker for precision long-range ammo, a dry tumbler and a wet tumbler, a MEC shot-shell press, and recently bought a brass annealing machine which is on the way....

I'm going to acquire more brass, powder, primers, projectiles, and a plate carrier with some armor... but as for buying "more guns"? Probably not.... unless there's something too good to pass up. ;)

I'll just be looking for ammo deals for the foreseeable future. Shoot up the "cheap" stuff and replace it with 2x quantity of better quality.

I'm pretty satiated with actual firearms... I believe I have over 50 pieces, not counting the several 80% kits I have sitting in the safe... I've .kinda lost count. :rolleyes:

I have plenty of "factory" ammo stored up in ammo cans which is my "zero base" inventory and doesn't get used unless there's a legit emergency, but I've been dumping money into reloading materials and equipment lately. I now have a Dillion XL650 with just about all the bells a whistles you can put on it, a RockChucker for precision long-range ammo, a dry tumbler and a wet tumbler, a MEC shot-shell press, and recently bought a brass annealing machine which is on the way....

I'm going to acquire more brass, powder, primers, projectiles, and a plate carrier with some armor... but as for buying "more guns"? Probably not.... unless there's something too good to pass up. ;)
My shopping addiction extends to reloading components too. I have many many thousands of bullets, cases and primers and a decent selection of powders. Even so, I keep buying more.

I think in the last year I loaded 40 rounds of 223 and that's it. It's a borderline sickness for me (wife would say it's not borderline)

Thankfully I don't have room for more than my single stage press.

I haven't bought anything for a few months which is not the norm. After years of trading and buying, there just isn't much of anything I really have an itch for. Like the OP, I have guns that I have never fired and others that have rarely been fired. Prices are in the tank and bargains go begging. I did buy an electric bike recently and maybe that has something to do with it.

Good deals & interesting stuff just keeps on popping up. Dang it!

So now it's more a consideration of "want" than "need", for us.

It's nice to be comfortable, however we won't be complacent. If something is a great deal, & that we'll use, then I'll buy it.

reloading party at stompers!

Myself.. There are too many good deals right now. I keep finding deals at pawn shops.
Ive picked up 3 firearms in less than 1-2 months. (Layaway or outright purchased)
(only one was a poor deal because it was an impulse buy)..

But I suppose if I didnt buy those cheaper firearms I could finally finish the 4 gun projects I have running right now. I figure Ill do all that once the panic buying starts since firearms will only go up in price.

However.. if I took two entire months off from any and all gun related purchases.. Well Id certainly save a pretty penny or two.
Best of luck. Hope you don't go through too rough of a gun withdraw phase. I hear the sweats and shakes are the hardest part, but it passes.

Last Edited:
From September 15th through November 15th I am going to abstain from spending any new money on firearm related purchases.

Anybody else considered trying something like this (voluntarily).

Yeah, I'm done buying guns for the year. I got burned on a couple of impulse purchases, buying guns I ended up not liking just because they were on sale. Then I took a bath $$$ when I got rid of them.

I'm very happy with what I have. Sometimes I look through my safe, and I marvel how much cool stuff I have collected. I just never have the time to enjoy it all. For now I'm going to focus on ammo, accessories, and optics. Eventually I do want one of those FAL clones made by DS. Eventually ;)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top