JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

aaaaaaaas.jpg

Good. The more, the merrier.

Now let's make sure, should we encounter them, that they're properly educated in gun safety, properly trained in gun handling, and educated about the threats to our gun rights, so they can vote to protect those rights.

Personally I see this trend continuing as these cities burn and nothing is being done to protect lives & property. These videos of random folks getting beaten, their businesses being burned and nothing is being done to stop it makes the average Citizen become their own security and law enforcement. Let's hope most will see that the Government can't help you in these chaotic times and your safety is your own responsibility.

Riots didn't start until May 31st, I'd suspect June's numbers to be crazy high.
I'm sure you're right.
The numbers were probably starting to taper off a bit, judging strictly by the amount of inventory of guns and ammo I've been seeing on various shelves around the 4 state area.
I haven't looked since the, uh... recent unpleasantness started but I'm sure it's a repeat of the early pandemic-panic days waaay back in... March.

Currently sitting at 23 hours for the BGC, started at #1036 @ 2:20 yesterday! So, yea, the people are finally waking the hell up and doing something about their lack of protection in these un sure times!

Of course, OSP is doing such a bang up job or processing BGC's, NOT, they are taking their sweet time, being generally lazy, and telling us to wait as fast as we can for them to eventually get to it!:eek:

I consider myself one of those first time gun owners even though I briefly owned an 870 Ducks Unlimited back in the '70s which I used for trap shooting. I made my first purchase(10/22) in April as a way to get out of the house which I did when I found out about North Fork Wolf Creek. I reasoned social distancing was easier there because who wants to disturb someone with a firearm in their hands. I have since purchased a few handguns and really enjoy shooting revolvers. My purchases have not been due to rioters or fears, they have all revolved around target shooting.

Just the other day an FFL that deals in estate sale firearms told me that I should show up around 8:00 am at his home to do the BGC for a stripped lower that I was buying from him.
He said that by 10:00 am, OSP would be backlogged by 2 to 3 hours, maybe longer. Sure enough, it took over 2-1/2 hours.
I wasn't in the market for a stripped lower, but this estate sale dealer doesn't charge for the BGC and his prices are way below retail.
Every month or so he sends me an e-mail with a list of firearms he has up for sale and it takes a lot of will power not to buy more guns from him.
I really like the no BGC fee.

I love this. New gun owners may learn to vote. Most of them are probably shocked at what it takes to buy a gun here. Since most have been told for years we just order our guns off the net and they show up, or we walk in and walk out. Now they get to see the truth first hand. I can just hear all the "WTF?, What do you mean I have to say I passed a class, what do you mean in may take weeks for me to take my gun home?" Maybe a few of them will start to wonder what else the media has lied to them about, virus hoax anyone? :mad:

OR..........................
You can just buy them off the streets, easier then a book! My favorite Dumbarse comment by Obummer during his tenure as Dumbarse #1 in Charge! :eek:

Well......
IF, I ever have to be judged on a self defense issue. I can maybe/might feel a little more comfortable with a jury trial. *Assuming that maybe half of them may/might be gun owners (rather than, the usual Portlandia types).

Think about it.....
How many Americans believe that to own a gun (or AR) is in itself....unreasonable.

Rrrrright....
Only the Police and other Govt officials should have guns. Assault Weapons have only one purpose, Weapons of mass destruction, magazines/weapons that enable the of killing many people with a single trigger pull, etc....

*Then....I also have hopes for even one juror. Who sees the value of preserving SD. And, not turning America into the UK.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....What if he had asked for a Jury Trial?

Antifa Wins, Self Defense Loses in Oregon Appeals Court - Victoria Taft

But of course, I'm not him and it wasn't my decision to make. You make your own decision, if ever the time comes.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads