JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The first order Fresnel lens was hand-crafted in Paris in 1888-89 and sailed across the Atlantic, down around Cape Horn past South America, then up the Pacific Coast -- about 17,000 miles -- arriving in 1890 to be installed in the lighthouse. The light protected the lives of ship crews through pounding storms, driving rain and life-threatening fog until 1963 when the Coast Guard replaced it with an automated beacon.

The Friends of Cape Meares Lighthouse and Wildlife Refuge are accepting donations, and have collected $12,000 so far. The total bill will probably be more than half a million. You can help, if you like.

The Friends: <broken link removed>

Let me know if you have other questions (I can't answer anything related to the investigation, but can about the lighthouse and future plans).

-- Chris, Oregon Parks and Recreation Dept.

Wow, I hadn't heard much about it other than on this board.

Now that I realize they shot up the lense which was a one of a kind...

SKIN the fools!

While it's great that they caught them, I think we should watch this like hawks and make sure they get what they deserve.

I would say yahoo, they are caught, but the damage has been done. Those were of significant historical value, and they really had no reason to do this.

In my opinion, the largest thing lost is the view of legitimate firearm owners across the state who are wondering why in the heck anybody would do something like this without any reason for it at all.

String 'em up on the fence at Cape Mears lighthouse.

I'll pay to come and watch, and I live five thousand miles away.

mrs tac and me have donated - YOUR turn now.

Confirmation number: 8EY05216JT715003L. An email with your donation details has been sent to [email protected] and you
can print your donation receipt.

Zachary J. Pyle, 23, and David R. Wilks Jr., 26.

Remember these name, guys.

These POS ain't worth sh*t.

tac, mad

In my opinion, the largest thing lost is the view of legitimate firearm owners across the state who are wondering why in the heck anybody would do something like this without any reason for it at all.

Unfortunately, we see similar things when idiots shoot up road signs, trees, etc. Or leaving trash (old appliances, etc.) at shooting areas. There is not reason for that at all, either. But reason doesn't stop stupid, unfortunately.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top