JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Two job openings available, one for day shift & one for night shift:

Data Center / mission critical facilities maintenance technician.
Seeking experienced personnel who have experience with:

HVAC (AHUs, Liebert CRAC units, VAVs, chillers, cooling towers)
Electrical
Fire & life safety (alarm, Vesda, wet pipe & pre-action sprinklers)
UPS & batteries
Generators
Pumps
Motors
Control systems: DDC / BMS, SCADA
Raised metal floor environments
Switchgear (12,470V & 480V)
Etc.....

I don't expect anyone to be experts in all the areas listed but please have some familiarity....Could also be someone who does have expertise in one or two areas plus the ability to learn others.

This is a data center and general office building environment. Staff must be able to interact well in a business environment. Display a professional attitude (no knuckle draggers).

Compressed workweek:
12 hour shifts with 3 days on, 4 days off, then 4 days on, 3 days off.
This results in at least 16 hours of built in overtime per pay period.

Full benefits:
Medical, dental, vision, 401K AND pension, education reimbursement, 120 hours vacation first year with option to purchase an additional 40 hours & have it deducted monthly on a pro-rated basis, etc.

This is for a financial institution so it's an in depth & full background check. No felonies, thefts, and misc. others.

Starting pay range:
$52,000 - $60,000 a year depending on experience
10% shift differential for night shift

Located in the Portland / Gresham area

Must be physically able to get the job done:
Be able to wear all PPE as required, climb ladders, use tools, work in awkward positions depending on equipment configuration, move / push /pull /carry some heavy damn stuff when needed without sniveling, operate forklift / man-lift / pallet jacks....long story short, you need to be physically capable of meeting job requirements.
Must be able to work well with others.
Must be able to communicate effectively- verbal, written, and electronic.
Gotta be able to use a computer.

Above all else, you must be responsible & reliable.

Must have some flexibility for scheduling as we run a small crew and operate 24/7 365 days a year. We keep a steady schedule the vast majority of the time but if there is a site emergency you will be expected to come in to assist or to cover a different shift in the event of illness or injury.:s0161:

Still interested? message me & we can talk

Thanks!
:s0160:
Artilleryman, A.K.A. Robert

Last Edited:
Sounds like a great job. Our company usually sets up all the CRACs, pumps, HVAC etc. I've been working at VADATA, Apple and Facebook over the last 4-yrs

The thing that gets me about résumés is that you put all the pertinent info on them, and then once you are hired, they want you to put it all on an "application" again. So, I am already hired and I need to "apply"? I already give you the info (usually via an electronic copy) and you need me to write it, by hand, again?

The decent orgs have a computer transfer the info - but even those are iffy (if I recall correctly, it was Oracle's job site that would blow chunks whenever it tried to transfer the info from my submitted résumé to their DB).

I've found that the online info and application process is primarily for the HR folks & ensures that certain standardized questions are asked or info obtained. It's just standard boilerplate stuff mostly but the resume has better content for the hiring manager to work with. Different formats needed by the two groups involved in the process.

Yeah, they have their forms - that they require to be filled out, then they put them in a filing cabinet and forget about them. Later they can't find them and ask you to fill them out again.:rolleyes:

BTDT many times. It is all part of the process. A stupid inefficient process, but fortunately one I don't have to do too often.

I work for a very large corp now, for a decent wage that pays the mortgage and allows me to max out my 401K and IRA - so although its bureaucracy and incompetence is frustrating, it is likely I will continue to work there for another five years until I am ready to retire and I won't need to send resumes out (although I am often tempted).

Very willing, depending on what kind of skills or experience are available to start with. The scope covered by these jobs is such that there are very few out there with mastery of all aspects. Some combination of knowledge / experience in the fundamentals or some of the various trades included in this role is necessary though; it takes too long to bring someone up to speed from a complete square one.

Message me & we can discuss options.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads