JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
3653725E-D99C-4821-A193-6C317E466914.jpeg

If you know or have loved ones over there.....

WARNING.

Aloha, Mark
Not directed at you Mark.
How is Japan responsible for the weather? Just curious is all.
Back in the mid-70s when I ran cross country track, no one blamed the state where we competed that it was too hot and humid. Yeah we had runners who had heat exhaustion but did back home too… :rolleyes:

Back in the mid-70s when I ran cross country track, no one blamed the state where we competed that it was too hot and humid. Yeah we had runners who had heat exhaustion but did back home too… :rolleyes:
My question is when did they "lie"? From that article It kinda seems like maybe in the bid to get olympics ("our weather is so great it's the perfect place" kind of thing). Or maybe in marketing materials? That's a lot different then saying everything is wonderful a few days before f.e. I don't know but I wonder if the "lie" accusation is to create hype to get people to read the article? I guess I'm getting cynical ha ha.

Taken from the article.......
No, the Japanese don't have to apologize for the weather here — the searing sun, the sky high temps, the pea-soup humidity. No one tells Mother Nature what to do.

But as athletes continue to wilt and wither in these conditions, they do owe everyone an apology for this much: They lied like hell about it.

"With many days of mild and sunny weather, this period provides an ideal climate for athletes to perform their best."

This quote comes from Japan's official proposal to host the 2020 Summer Olympics.

Mild? Ideal? Here in Tokyo in July?
Aloha, Mark

PS.....more......
Japan knew it was lying. They live here. Not a single resident of Tokyo would describe mid-summer here as "mild" or "ideal." In 2014, soon after the city was awarded the bid, a column in Japan Times wondered how in the world this was going to even work.

Last Edited:
My question is when did they "lie"? From that article It kinda seems like maybe in the bid to get olympics ("our weather is so great it's the perfect place" kind of thing). Or maybe in marketing materials? That's a lot different then saying everything is wonderful a few days before f.e. I don't know but I wonder if the "lie" accusation is to create hype to get people to read the article? I guess I'm getting cynical ha ha.
Well at least the Americans with guns over there fared well. Lol

With all the technology you would think that someone would have gooooggglllleeedddd the weather in Japan before the visit…:eek:

One of the reasons why I'm not really watching......

From the article....
The World Anti-Doping Agency eventually cracked the case, causing the man who orchestrated the scheme, Dr. Grigory Rodchenkov, to flee to the United States where he entered witness protection (not before being featured in the Netflix doc "Icarus"). This was wise. Two of his cohorts turned up dead back in Russia, but that was probably just a "coincidence."
Aloha, Mark

Yeabutt when you ran cross-country track back in the 70's…. It was uphill both ways. :s0108:

I just think it is funny how the US is winning gold in the firearm related events but not doing so hot with all those kneeling woke jokes. Perhaps if they were more concerned about scoring points at the games and less about scoring points with the media they would do better.

Last Edited:
I lost interest in the Olympics a long time ago. Volleyball? Skateboarding?! Snowboarding?!?! These are Olympic-level sports? Are you kidding? At least make those 'sporting events' more interesting. Make the athletes compete with one of those ribbon-on-a-stick things from Rhythmic Gymnastics up their butts.

Lighting the ribbon on fire would be even better.

The last time I watched anything having to do with the Olympics, it was watching Muhammed Ali lighting the torch in 1996. Very emotional moment, that.

Even without the burning butt-ribbons. :s0024::s0066:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top