Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Two cent review: Kimber Solo Carry STS 9mm

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Nutty4Guns, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Nutty4Guns

Nutty4Guns Portland ADHD Superstar

I took my Solo to the range today for the first time. I am very pleased with it. I broke it in with 50 rounds of Fiocchi 124 grain FMJ, 7 rounds of 147grain Speer Gold Dots, and 14 rounds of 115 grain Hornady Critical Defense. Zero malfunctions! I know it's not that many rounds down range yet, but I am very pleased so far. :thumbup:

The fit and finish of this gun are outstanding. The coating Kimber uses on this gun is impressive also. It cleans up so easily after the range, it almost seems like non-stick cookware.

Guns011.jpg

Guns010.jpg

Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  2. Nutty4Guns

Changed my thread to a review for anyone interested in the Solo.

3. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

tell us about the trigger pull.

4. Nutty4Guns

Thanks for asking. I forgot to mention that. The trigger is very nice. Pull is smooth all the way through and about five or six pounds I would guess, without a pull gauge.

5. PX4WA

PX4WA Tacoma, WA Active Member

And quite accurate at 10 yards...

6. Nutty4Guns

And not to shabby at 50 feet either. Also, I just put 100 rounds of Winchester 115 grain FMJ through the Solo with zero hiccups. I have a strong feeling that she will cycle anything at this point. Stoked!

7. PX4WA

PX4WA Tacoma, WA Active Member

Ive had occasional problems with 115gr so i stick with 124. Eats american eagle 124 just fine...

I also scored some 8 round mags and that makes for an easier shooting experience

And my trigger is 6lbs 11oz ave