JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Even though I have been carrying for years and feel very comfortable around firearms I am a good example of how everyone moves at a different pace and even experienced gun owners can evolve.

I had been carrying my Kahr PM9 and then my Kahr PM40 IWB for a week or two and felt I was ready to try to move up a bit. I decided it was time to try carrying one of my 1911's in an IWB holster. So far I am finding it very doable. It is pretty comfortable and conceals very well. Of course it is not as easily concealed or as comfortable as the PM9 or PM40 but it is worth it to me to have the larger caliber gun.

Another step I have taken is the condition in which I carry my 1911. I have never been comfortable with cocked and locked carry. Even though I know it is safe there has always been something about the single action safety controlled platform that this revolver guy just did not trust. That is until yesterday. I was at the Gun Broker in Clackamas and i was explaining to a guy that was afraid of the 1911 platform how safe it truly was when you used it correctly. I showed him how the dual safeties worked and explained the firing pin block. I then showed him how easy it was to master the practice of sweeping off the thumb safety as you obtained your grip. I think I convinced him but more importantly I managed to finally convince myself. :)

So today is my first day of carrying my Colt Officers model cocked and locked in an IWB holster. Let's all hope I make it through the day without shooting myself, a customer, or employee by accident. :D :eek:

PS: One thing I will add is that the grip length and angle of the 1911 does make it easier to acquire a good grip from IWB than the smaller Kahr.

Cockedlocked.jpg

With the heavier 1911, you may want a better IWB holster than that.

The clip-on styles like to move and shift, or so the story goes at least. No experience myself, because I bought the kool-aid and got the other holsters. Heh!

With the heavier 1911, you may want a better IWB holster than that.

The clip-on styles like to move and shift, or so the story goes at least. No experience myself, because I bought the kool-aid and got the other holsters. Heh!
I plan on getting a nice one once I am comfortable with the method. I have way to many expensive holsters that I bought too soon already. :)

Welcome to the dark side. Try Crossbread holsters for a quality 1911 IWB holster. Super comfortable.

Also, no need to ever worry about locked and cocked with a quality 1911. Strapped a kimber pro carry II on 4 years ago and haven't looked back.

for added comfort, so you dont get that wound-erful jab in the ribs that a lot of 1911 shooters know and love you can bobtail the grip at a later date.

Well I see you made it through the day without going to the emergency room or being arrested for neglegent homicide. The safeties must have worked like designed huh?:D

I've found condition 1 to be perfectly safe, especially with a 1911 thumb safety that "snicks" on and off. The Versa Max II is worth the money and the wait.
Plus shark skin is just so cool :cool:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads