Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Two 4 One Illegal firearm manufacturing & Aliens!!

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by U201492, Mar 2, 2014.

1. U201492

U201492 Well-Known Member

Two Mexicans charged with running outlaw gun factory in California

I have been half hoping something like this would happen- I've been telling Liberals "If you make it difficult for citizens to own firearms they'll start making them- and then, since now they're criminals they'll start going after police officers to take THEIR firearms

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Two Mexican nationals were indicted on Thursday on charges of running an outlaw weapons-supply shop in northern California that assembled and sold unmarked, illegal firearms and accessories, including machine-guns and silencers.

A federal grand jury in Sacramento indicted brothers Luis Cortez-Garcia, 44, and Emiliano Cortez-Garcia, 37, on one count each of unlawful manufacturing and sales of firearms, conspiracy to unlawfully manufacture and sell firearms and multiple counts related to making and selling illegal assault rifles, U.S. Attorney Benjamin Wagner said in a statement.

"The conduct alleged in this case involves the systematic evasion of federal firearms laws, for profit, in a manner that created a real threat to public safety," Wagner said.

Additionally, both brothers were charged with being illegal immigrants in possession of firearms.

The men are accused of belonging to a network of criminal arms manufacturers and dealers with operations across central and northern California.

They are suspected of running outlaw supply shops in Sacramento and Fresno where they would assemble firearms for customers who bought gun components from the brothers or from other members of their network, Wagner said.

The brothers are also accused of illegally selling fully functional unmarked firearms that were purchased in cash by customers without required background checks, waiting periods or proper paperwork, officials said.

The Cortez-Garcias were arrested during raids last fall by federal and local law enforcement officers on 11 locations where 345 unlicensed guns were seized, officials said.

Danny Brace, a private attorney representing Luis Cortez-Garcia, said his client and his brother deny ever fully assembling or selling a firearm. He said the men were lawfully assisting customers in assembling rifle parts.

Federal law allows a person to manufacture a firearm without a serial number for personal use, as long as it is not sold or transferred to another person.

"They were open for business," Brace told Reuters. "They weren't trying to hide anything."

The brothers face five to 10 years in federal prison for each count against them if convicted, but they would likely serve that time concurrently, Justice Department spokeswoman Lauren Horwood said.

They were being held without bail at the Sacramento County Jail, awaiting an arraignment date, Horwood said.

(Editing by Steve Gorman and Ken Wills)

2. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

They're just being good enterprising Kalifornia "citizens".......................:wow:

3. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

RECONQUISTA!!

4. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Lmao.
    Seriously, do the libtards not think folks will just start manufacturing their desired firearms if the once legal firearms are banned.

Huge black market potential.. Just like with narcotics.
    Hell, just standard 30 round mags would make a black market thug life engineer rich if there was ever to be another AWB.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see this, just two mexican nationals lol.

I tell all the antis I run into this very scenario.

5. semperfi68to70

semperfi68to70 South Salem, Oregon Well-Known Member

Doing the jobs that Americans don't want to! Right?

6. U201492

*Snorts laughing* Touche' my friend! Well played indeed!

7. samuelm16

samuelm16 se pdx Well-Known Member

Bad news fo 80% lower receivers

8. GunRightsCoalition

GunRightsCoalition Vancouver Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I posted this a few days ago to our Facebook Page.

"This is the fallacy of gun control. The only way for gun control to work requires total disarmament and as we can see here that is impossible. The result from doing so is that the only people armed would be the outlaws who will resort to building them in back room workshops if necessary."

Common illicitly homemade submachine guns in Brazil - The Firearm Blog

Caveman Jim and (deleted member) like this.
  9. Stomper

I saw that article on the Brazilian scratch-built stuff. It wouldn't take much for the weilders of such articles to use on the possessors of top-shelf firearms and relieve them of it, only to add to a growing arsenal.

The only TRUE way for effective gun control, or to completely stifle violent acts... Is to kill EVERYONE.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
    Caveman Jim and (deleted member) like this.
  10. GrpCapMandrake

GrpCapMandrake Vancouver Active Member

That's quite a leap isn't it? I agree that when things become illegal there generally pops up a black market for the now outlawed item. But to then go from there to "they'll start going after police officers" seems like a bit of a leap in logic. Especially since the numbers do not bear that out. The guys in California didn't seem to be going after police to upgrade from their homemade weaponry. California in 2012 had two officers lose their lives to gunfire and both the perpetrators died. Hardly seems like a run on cops with homemade guns. That asshat last year that wanted to go to war with the cops in SoCal raised the figures for California to 6 officers losing their lives. Again though it hardly demonstrates a run on officers with homemade guns.

Anyone thinking of shooting a cop to upgrade to better armaments is about to have a very bad day.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  11. AMProducts

AMProducts Maple Valley, WA Jerk, Ammo Manufacturer Silver Supporter

I'm sure the big deal here as far as california is concerned that they didn't get their business license and pay their minimum tax (about $10K per year) before conducting any business.

12. Stomper

It's possible he meant if things (anti-gun laws) went bad on a national level.

13. U201492

What I meant was this: if the situation is so dire that legally owned firearm's are confiscated, and only the police and military are armed then they will logically become the target for the firearms they control with the ammo. The only reason why someone should even be thinking of making their own firearm's is if everything fall's into the crapper with no hope of the redemption of society.

Your homework assignment is to study: 1)How the "Sworn Officers" of New Orleans disobeyed and abandoned the city during Katrina. 2)Study how some 6 of those officers were found guilty of murder. Todays Wednesday the 4th- I'll expect your report on 03/21/2014. Be prepared for a Q&A session to last roughly 5 minutes.

Stomper and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Stomper

There ya go!