JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So who is on twitter?

Thur & Sun one of the outdoor channels started this #huntchat conversation. 8pm EST just chat with other hunters from around the country using #hunt chat. Tons of 2A conversation goes on...

So if you've never given twitter a shot, I suggest it. Pretty cool. I like it better than facebook these days.

You can find me as @HunterInformant
https://twitter.com/#!/HunterInformant

Yeah, Twitter is great; nothing wrong with it at all if you are 11.

"Any information that you provide to Twitter is subject to our Privacy Policy, which governs our collection and use of your information. You understand that through your use of the Services YOU CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION AND USE (as set forth in the Privacy Policy) OF THIS INFORMATION, INCLUDING THE TRANSFER OF THIS INFORMATION TO THE UNITED STATES AND/OR OTHER COUNTRIES FOR STORAGE, PROCESSING, AND USE BY TWITTER." (emphasis added)

yeah and that attitude/mentality is one of the reasons the anti's dominate the information available on social media

"Any information that you provide to Twitter is subject to our Privacy Policy, which governs our collection and use of your information. You understand that through your use of the Services YOU CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION AND USE (as set forth in the Privacy Policy) OF THIS INFORMATION, INCLUDING THE TRANSFER OF THIS INFORMATION TO THE UNITED STATES AND/OR OTHER COUNTRIES FOR STORAGE, PROCESSING, AND USE BY TWITTER." (emphasis added)

“Any information that you provide to Twitter is subject to our Privacy Policy, which governs our collection and use of your information. You understand that through your use of the Services YOU CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION AND USE (as set forth in the Privacy Policy) OF THIS INFORMATION, INCLUDING THE TRANSFER OF THIS INFORMATION TO THE UNITED STATES AND/OR OTHER COUNTRIES FOR STORAGE, PROCESSING, AND USE BY TWITTER.” (emphasis added)

Yep, look at all of the twits that have got into trouble over what they tweet.

Yep, look at all of the twits that have got into trouble over what they tweet.

so you consider anti hunters an anti gunners continuing the hate press to be "in trouble"? hmm go figure you woulf think lawful activities in public view being "in trouble". we need to do exactly what the gay community and the minority communities do by putting it in your face we need out there... the more of it the less the antis can say it's wrong. if we continue to hide the worse its going to get.

so you consider anti hunters an anti gunners continuing the hate press to be "in trouble"? hmm go figure you woulf think lawful activities in public view being "in trouble". we need to do exactly what the gay community and the minority communities do by putting it in your face we need out there... the more of it the less the antis can say it's wrong. if we continue to hide the worse its going to get.

I would like to see more promoting of the firearms community, but as Burt Gummer pointed out, twitter is not the best way to do it.

You will end up with some people that cause more harm than good. Like Spike Lee tweets incorrect address of George Zimmerman, or persons pretending to be hunters/shooter talking out their south end to make honest folks look bad, etc...

If you want to tweet, feel free to do so, but i won't be joining you on twitter.

To each his own, but the whole Twitter thing just sucks. Vanity, over the top. I am buying a donut now. Now I am waiting for hubby to come get me. My kid just burped. What do you think about the this or that? NO ONE CARES. YOU AREN'T AS IMPORTANT AS YOU THINK. Shut up. Barf. Hate it.

When SHTF the Prozac/Twittering Twit crowd is going to be absolutely helpless. Even Ashton Kutcher figured that one out.

To each his own, but the whole Twitter thing just sucks. Vanity, over the top. I am buying a donut now. Now I am waiting for hubby to come get me. My kid just burped. What do you think about the this or that? NO ONE CARES. YOU AREN'T AS IMPORTANT AS YOU THINK. Shut up. Barf. Hate it.

It really does contribute to the "everyone should know what I'm doing now" syndrome. People don't care if you're taking a giant dump.

I mainly use it at conferences or other places where people might get some value from something I post. I find value in that use case.

When SHTF the Prozac/Twittering Twit crowd is going to be absolutely helpless. Even Ashton Kutcher figured that one out.

That's just stereotyping twitter users. It's not all like that, some yes (just like most stereotypes there is some truth). I mainly tweet information about hunting, anti-hunting and converse on occasion with others during huntchat.

Social media is a very important tool when used properly. The hunting community by far, due to the aforementioned attitude, is severely lacking and hence is a big part of why we're loosing the battle nationwide in protecting hunter rights (or privileges however you look at it). Swing voters largely are only get one side...the anti side.

I've gotten 3 adult non-hunters (28-34 years old) into hunting largely because they see my hunting post on facebook regularly and have asked questions about it over the past couple years. Finally this year it all came together and they all jumped on the bandwagon and I'm proud to say I helped them all buy their hunting license and general tag this month.

We can't continue to just educate youth because we're pulling from a smaller and smaller pool of youth. We need to branch into recruiting adults who's parents didn't hunt/grew up in suburbia not around hunting/fishing if we are to keep the sport alive. Twitter and facebook can play a large roll in this.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top