JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am upset over my experience with Twin Star Credit Union's No guns policy.
I stopped by on Friday and noticed the no firearm door sticker and the unarmed
security guard.:eek::eek: I expressed my displeasure over the no gun policy with the
20 something teller. I was polite and said it was not blaming her for the policy
but wanted to express by displeasure. She explained to me that in Washington
some customers may have a CPL.:oops: And I replied so what? Well they might be
carrying a gun!! I said criminals prefer unarmed victims. She laughed and explained
how they will not even allow the security guard to be armed.:oops: She also told me
that it is a Federal Building restriction??? She seemed to think it is a great policy?
You always think of things to say afterwards. Like what about law
enforcement? Do you allow them to come in here with an evil gun??:rolleyes:
But what do you say to a total scared of guns anti????????????
I didn't want to be rude or lecture the young gal. But I thought I should at
the least politely express my displeasure.o_Oo_Oo_O

Express your displeasure with your business, taking it elsewhere. Let them know if you'd like, or don't.

I was in my local BOA branch doing some business shortly after I recieved my CHL. I showed the teller my CHL, and asked her wether or not it was OK in this place of business.

She told me its perfectly fine, and concealed means concealed.

I would look into closing my account (if you have that option) and going with another credit union. If I was a member, I would still carry lol. Those motheryukers have one job, keep my money and give it to me when I need it... ok that's two jobs lol.

They don't realize how many merchants are and will continue to carry when they bring their hard earned money in there.
You'll recognize them easily. They'll be the ones laughing at the sign on the door.
I'm sure a few will also tell the managers that they will continue to carry while making their deposits or move their money elsewhere
That's just stupid.
And regular banks are private so not a federal law stopping carry in banks

I am upset over my experience with Twin Star Credit Union's No guns policy.
I stopped by on Friday and noticed the no firearm door sticker and the unarmed
security guard.:eek::eek: I expressed my displeasure over the no gun policy with the
20 something teller. I was polite and said it was not blaming her for the policy
but wanted to express by displeasure. She explained to me that in Washington
some customers may have a CPL.:oops: And I replied so what? Well they might be
carrying a gun!! I said criminals prefer unarmed victims. She laughed and explained
how they will not even allow the security guard to be armed.:oops: She also told me
that it is a Federal Building restriction??? She seemed to think it is a great policy?
You always think of things to say afterwards. Like what about law
enforcement? Do you allow them to come in here with an evil gun??:rolleyes:
But what do you say to a total scared of guns anti????????????
I didn't want to be rude or lecture the young gal. But I thought I should at
the least politely express my displeasure.o_Oo_Oo_O
Tell all that to the Armored Car guys when they stop by to do their thing.

Last Edited:
I make merchant deposits at B of A never have looked for a sign and don't really have a plan to. If they want my money and my business then I will carry to ensure my safety while there.

Its amazing to me how many people look so clueless while in a bank. I find my self standing in line watching the door and the people around me. If the sh$t hits the fan I'd like to see it coming and now a days you just never know.

Aren't all banks gun free zones?
Kinda dumb to not have an armed guard.

Reminds me of the commercials. Oh I just tell you when there's a problem

They don't want to have to pay for it. An armed guard is a lot more expensive. Not to mention sadly a LOT of the ones they hand a gun too scare the crap out of me. As for telling some teller, no matter her age is a waste to me. The Teller just works there. They have zero control over how management is done. The way to make it clear you don't like this is NOT do business with them. Let them know by letter why you took business elsewhere.

the teller behind the counter may not be anti-gun they just might be ignorant of the laws. Go easy, it would be better to open their eyes they might just realize the vulnerability and say something to management.

I dont know about Wa. but in Oregon the no guns sign is worthless to CHLs and carries no weight of the law. I dont know of any federal law prohibiting carry in banks. Carry on...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top