JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They don't want to have to pay for it. An armed guard is a lot more expensive. Not to mention sadly a LOT of the ones they hand a gun too scare the crap out of me. As for telling some teller, no matter her age is a waste to me. The Teller just works there. They have zero control over how management is done. The way to make it clear you don't like this is NOT do business with them. Let them know by letter why you took business elsewhere.

One of the BoA's I go to from time to time has an armed guard, but not all the time. I find it funny as I walk by him, carrying my gun, right past him into the bank. What a joke to think that posting a guard, armed or unarmed will stop a determined robber. I do have to wonder, if someone walked into the bank, with a gun, intent to rob it, what would the guard do? Would he go inside and confront the bad guy? Draw his weapon on him? Try to take him down?

In the end, we're each responsible for ourselves. No sign is going to stop me from carrying for my own protection. The only time I stop is when it's expressly forbidden by law - and in most of those cases, such as at a courthouse, they're running you through detectors anyway.

One of the BoA's I go to from time to time has an armed guard, but not all the time. I find it funny as I walk by him, carrying my gun, right past him into the bank. What a joke to think that posting a guard, armed or unarmed will stop a determined robber. I do have to wonder, if someone walked into the bank, with a gun, intent to rob it, what would the guard do? Would he go inside and confront the bad guy? Draw his weapon on him? Try to take him down?

In the end, we're each responsible for ourselves. No sign is going to stop me from carrying for my own protection. The only time I stop is when it's expressly forbidden by law - and in most of those cases, such as at a courthouse, they're running you through detectors anyway.

He is a SECURITY MONITOR. ....
Just like the TV commercial!
LMAO!!!!

Since so many who rob these places now will not hesitate to shoot someone the Guard would probably be the first to be shot at. The way a lot of the guys they arm act it would scare hell out of me when they started trying to shoot back.

I've banked at my little home town bank (building) that has changed signs more than a few times but kept the employees for over 20 years. They know me & my wife by name & reputation as gun owners who CC all the time. They know that if I'm in there when the SHTF they may have a better chance of living through it.
I'm no Rambo & will let a polite robber (no weapon) slide out the back door but if physical violence & shots are fired I may intervene if it is in my favor to do so. I could care less about money being taken but those ladies are friends and I care for their safety. That's who I am.

Remember folks it's called CC for a reason.....

Nothing against armed security guards with me, I see no reason they couldnt stop a robbery. The only problem with them is the more determined robbers will have a plan to take them out first.

I've banked at my little home town bank (building) that has changed signs more than a few times but kept the employees for over 20 years. They know me & my wife by name & reputation as gun owners who CC all the time. They know that if I'm in there when the SHTF they may have a better chance of living through it.
I'm no Rambo & will let a polite robber (no weapon) slide out the back door but if physical violence & shots are fired I may intervene if it is in my favor to do so. I could care less about money being taken but those ladies are friends and I care for their safety. That's who I am.

Remember folks it's called CC for a reason.....
I have gotten into more than a few arguments over this with other people who carry. If I'm in the bank and some dobad pulls a gun and wants the money they can have it. Now if same shoots someone, or tries to start taking people to the back, well then I'm looking for my chance to stop it. Let them have the cash and most will just run. So many shooters "tell me" what a great shot they are then can't. It scares me when they tell me they would pull their gun and shoot the dobad. If they can't hit paper what are they going to hit if the dobad fires at them?

For some reason I didn't think you could carry a weapon into a bank or federal credit union since they were federally insured?

Ever notice those B of A guards inside the branches ? They are generally kept outside for appearances only, and not authorized to take any tangible action (except self-defense). The banks are equally fearful of what might happen if one those guys actually engaged during a robbery. That's the unspoken joke about it. They are little more than screen doors on a submarine.
Even the armored truck crews (who do carry inside banks) are armed for self-defense, not to protect the cash, which is insured. If they do go all John Wayne, it's going to be outside the scope of their employment.

She also told me
that it is a Federal Building restriction?

Total B.S. Federally insured for loss of assets, yes..but FDIC / FSLIC does not have the power to dictate the legally permitted conduct of an institution's customers. Unless perhaps the branch is inside of actual Federal property.
Obviously a fake statement to be used to take the responsibility of the policy away from the business. "Oh, it's not our fault, the Federal government makes us do it". The idea being most low information types wont go to the trouble to verify this whopper.
Ever been told, "we cant do this because our insurance wont let us" ? Same kind of baloney.

Last Edited:
In any place, with or without a "Please Regard All Of Us As Helpless Unarmed Victims" sign like that, I'm extra careful getting my wallet in and out of my hip pocket so nobody notices my holstered revolver.

Last Edited:
I have gotten into more than a few arguments over this with other people who carry. If I'm in the bank and some dobad pulls a gun and wants the money they can have it. Now if same shoots someone, or tries to start taking people to the back, well then I'm looking for my chance to stop it. Let them have the cash and most will just run. So many shooters "tell me" what a great shot they are then can't. It scares me when they tell me they would pull their gun and shoot the dobad. If they can't hit paper what are they going to hit if the dobad fires at them?

EXACTLY, we all have our comfort levels and if it is outside of that relm then it's best to not engage.

I used to OC in my bank in Cody, Wyoming. :cool: All the people were happy to see me and didn't care about the gun.

Businesses understand customers walking away. Take your business elsewhere. Yeah, it's a pain, I've been in that position before, but do it if you can swing it. I never had any problem so far with First Tech Credit Union, and like the people who work there.

EXACTLY, we all have our comfort levels and if it is outside of that relm then it's best to not engage.

That's not what scares me. What scares me is people who I know can't shoot nearly was well as they "think" they can, then want to play the hero and take out the dobad. Hopefully they will never be put in the position to try since I VERY much doubt it will go like they think it will. Too many of these guys watch too much TV.

For some reason I didn't think you could carry a weapon into a bank or federal credit union since they were federally insured?
The building would have to be a federal building (18 U.S. Code § 930), bank buildings are privately owned and only the money is federally insured. State laws may prohibit it though, usually states where signage carries the force of the law, or otherwise specifies banks as a prohibited place. Regardless, a bank employee can ask you to leave and if you don't you can be arrested for trespassing just like any other store.

I expressed my displeasure over the no gun policy with the
20 something teller.

Look... Having worked in the service industry almost my entire working life I can tell you that complaining to the low man on the totem pole is going to accomplish absolutely nothing other than ruin that employee's day in most cases (not saying you did). Airing one's ire on the teller, the checker, the waiter, the fast food clerk, the receptionist, the customer service agent... is just a waste of breath on one end and a crappier day on the other.

Although it's very ironic that when it comes to their money being delivered and sent out they are HAPPY to have armed, armored car services right? Gotta look out for #1 I guess? :/

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top