JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Some of you that know me and have shot with me will know that I'm into bolt actions and I've never met a hunting rifle that I didn't think I needed to modify somehow. Kind of odd consider I very rarely modify handguns other than sights and grips.

Anyway, I decided to tweek a couple of Tikkas I own. One is a T3 Superlite in 223 (8 twist, of course). I've owned it for a while now and even sold it once, but it came back. It really shoots great. I ended up with an extra T3x stock when I restocked my 7mm-08 Superlite into a McMillan Edge, so I've decided to bolt it onto my 223. I like that Tikka uses steel recoil lugs in the T3x stocks.

I also replaced the plastic bolt shroud with a metal one from Tikka, and replaced the plastic trigger guard with an aluminum one from High Desert Rifle Works. I never wanted a full blown "varmint" rifle, but figured I'd give the Tikka stock mods a try. So, it got a wider fore-end and more vertical grip with palm swell. Im

The 7mm-08 got a McMillan Edge stock and aluminum bottom metal from High Desert Rifle Works. Can't say how much the metal parts improve my feelings toward the rifle. I DO NOT like plastic parts when I can avoid them.

Here they are:
A3451A10-B291-49A8-8A14-A91551C7285A.jpeg

If you count up all the parts, I could have easily bought another rifle for the price. But, I like to put my spin on them. I should return them to factory form, shoot groups, and then compare with groups from their new dressed up form. I really doubt the funs shoot any better with the mods, but they are cooler to me this way. I really like the McMillan Edge stock ergos in a hunting rifle.

Modify = make it more better good.

I always enjoy seeing bolt guns in 223. Underrated bolt action caliber considering all the AR15s out there.

Good looking rifles! I imagine both shoot well.

Lol. When I read the post title, in my head, I heard Tweekers (aka methheads) with a Boston accent.

Coupl'a nice looking rifles there!

I too thought it was going to be something to do with dopers :s0140:
As for the rifles and the cost I have to assume you get a lot of enjoyment out of the working with them so why the hell not. Often I spend more on something I "tweaked" than I could have just bought it for and of course could not sell it for what I put in it. If I enjoyed doing it and having it? Means money well spent to me. :D

I changed out the stock STOCK, to a KRG Bravo on my T3 223. To me, it changed the whole feel for the better.
I like it so much better, that I'm planning on buying another for the bigger brother 308.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top