JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Now that we have a pro-gun (at least not anti-gun) President on the way, do you think shows featuring gunsmiths and shooting sports will make a comeback? I know the history / controversy of Sons of Guns and American Guns, but I really miss them! Lords Of War was a favorite, and Tales of the Gun was fantastic. I just wonder how long it is before the media lightens up a bit and networks like the Discovery family of channels bring some pro-gun shows back into the lineup. Any thoughts?

It's the Ice Road Truckers and Pawn Stars channel now!

These are a waste of both time and money. I think that we could hold classes about applied mathematics/physics (for youth, about their own sports) and fascinate them with the real world all over again. For college students, applied ballistics (both internal and external) could gain a real following.

Apply things to daily living and you would be surprised at how fascinated they would become.

The new cable TV drama series SHOOTER had its first episode last night. It will be on every Tuesday night on the USA Cable channel. The series is loosely based on the movie by the same name, but with a number of twists to the characters and the plot.

It goes into great detail on the guns being used. Stars Ryan Phillippe as Marine sniper and Iraq war hero Bob Lee Swagger. He is a pretty good actor. Here is a photo of him with his 338 Lapua Magnum:

Shooter_TV_Series_Key_Cast_Art.jpg

Here is a photo of him after being wounded, and cornered by the FBI:

shooter-ryanphillippe-bloody.jpg

You don't have to have cable TV to watch this new drama series. All of the episodes can be watched online on your PC, if you have a decent Internet connection:

Episodes | Shooter

The same money is still running the networks.:(
More, "Stumbling with the (worn out) Stars". and
back stabbing with "Survivors.":mad:
Personally, I've been watching old Samurai movies on You Tube.:eek::eek::eek:

Well, guys with DIRECT TV can watch the Outdoors channel.

Lots of excellent shooting and hunting shows! Wednesday is gun day throughout the day to the end of prime time!
These tend to be more guns/history than the shows mentioned above. Less frakn "soap opera" to them!

On DIRECT TV ch-606

Last Edited:
Now that we have a pro-gun (at least not anti-gun) President on the way, do you think shows featuring gunsmiths and shooting sports will make a comeback? I know the history / controversy of Sons of Guns and American Guns, but I really miss them! Lords Of War was a favorite, and Tales of the Gun was fantastic. I just wonder how long it is before the media lightens up a bit and networks like the Discovery family of channels bring some pro-gun shows back into the lineup. Any thoughts?
Every Wednesday on the Outdoor channel is gun night... Gunny Time, Shooting USA, American Rifleman, NRA All Access, Gun Stories...

Pop some popcorn, grab a holiday ale, sit back relax and enjoy the gun programs...

The new cable TV drama series SHOOTER had its first episode last night. It will be on every Tuesday night on the USA Cable channel. The series is loosely based on the movie by the same name, but with a number of twists to the characters and the plot.

It goes into great detail on the guns being used. Stars Ryan Phillippe as Marine sniper and Iraq war hero Bob Lee Swagger. He is a pretty good actor. Here is a photo of him with his 338 Lapua Magnum:

View attachment 323465

View attachment 323466

You don't have to have cable TV to watch this new drama series. All of the episodes can be watched online on your PC, if you have a decent Internet connection:

Episodes | Shooter
watched the pilot last night. seems like a good show so far. sucks that whenever i think of the movie "shooter" i think of that anti gun mark wahlburg d bag. was happy to see in the first episode that gun the secret service gave him had a savage action!

View attachment 323465

View attachment 323466

Episodes | Shooter
Exec producer Marky Mark:p:p:p:p. I'll pass on his crap thankyou.

What ever happened to Top Shot? I really liked that show.. Anymore you can't get anything but Swamp Donkeys and Catfish n' Crawdads on the Discovery Channel. I can feel myself getting dumber everytime I go to that channel.

I watch a lot of The Smithsonian Channel, quite a few series on aircraft, which I love. Discovery has a few shows I enjoy, but I sure miss Wings. I'll be checking out Outdoor channel, looking forward to seeing some new stuff! I forgot to mention 3 Gun Nation on Maverick TV, Directv channel 214. It isn't in HD but I love watching people run the stages, and on a 70" set to fill the screen it's not so bad. They have a lot of boat and other kinds of racing that I don't see on FS1 and espn2.

Well two of the guns shows that were on had the main "stars" arrested in recent years.
Redjacket had the child rapist and a couple others from that show were arrested.

American guns "star" was arrested for ATF and IRS violations.

Exec producer Marky Mark:p:p:p:p. I'll pass on his crap thankyou.
The movie Shooter was total garbage. The book it was based on, however, is called Point of Impact and is fantastic. I've read it three times. The author, Stephen Hunter, is the movie critic for the Baltimore sun, and he is a genuine gun-guy. Can't recommend his books enough!

It could be my 'bubble', but I'm finding people in Portland to be a bit more receptive to shooting. They're still adamant that 'guns are bad', and some are still anti-gun (believe it or not), but even those folks are asking me to take them shooting. I'm taking all of this with a huge grain of salt, but there's no better way to convert someone than to take them shooting.

I wouldn't be surprised if the networks followed.

Edit: Almost forgot to mention, the NRA has a Roku TV channel which is fantastic. Those who don't have a Roku -- get one!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top