Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

TV show filming next to my apartments

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jbett98, Oct 27, 2013.

1. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The NBC TV show (Grimm) is renting my SW Multnomah Village apartment building parking lot this week.
    One of the assistant producers called me last week and made a fair cash offer to rent it for 48 hours.
    Each one of my tenants gets $75.00 to park down the block for two days. They are filming an episode in a house next door and they said there would be special effects that include simulated gunfire.
    I don't watch this show, but my mom is a real fan. Should be interesting.

2. BVB

BVB PDX Active Member

thants kinda cool. you go accross the street and watch them film.

they used the house next to use for the filming of Portlandia about three weeks ago. it was entertaining to watch the process.

3. Sstrand

Sstrand La Grande OR Well-Known Member

Any simulated gunfire will result in the coppers searching, with or without warrants, every apartment in the complex and dragging off to jail or killing some unsuspecting person who works nights and sleepily comes to the door to see what is going on . . .

Sheldon

4. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Tell them your inner weasel requires $100.

5. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

They've been filming at Vibra Health over on 102nd & Halsey as well. As creepy goes, that is one of the creepiest "hospitals" around.

6. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

They were sure down at Tippy Canoe like the last episode or so.. I catch it rarely these days.. first season probably watched 60%. Kinda cool seeing the town.

7. BlindedByScience

BlindedByScience Vancouver WA Well-Known Member

My wife and I are big fans....it is neat seeing so much of PDX and the surrounding area. Just can't stomach most sitcoms....never have, never will.

8. Cuthbert Allgood

Cuthbert Allgood Clark County, WA Well-Known Member

It's basically Portland's Twilight for adults. I see the production crew(s) in the Sellwood area quite a bit.

9. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

I have friends that watch comedy sitcoms like 2.5 men, 2 Broke Girls, Anger Mgt, etc and I don't get it. The humor is at a 4th grade level at best, just awful. This is coming from a guy who sees humor in just about anything.

Even someone who is a fan - if they stopped watching TV for just a year and then went back to it - would see it as being like Romper Room.

Some TV is fun of course. A guilty pleasure that falls under the Bread and Circuses category.

10. clambo

clambo Vancouver, Wa. Well-Known Member

My wife and I pulled the plug on Comcast 2 months ago. Should have done it long before. We seem to be getting along ok.

11. BoonDocks36

BoonDocks36 Oregon, in the boondocks Christian. Conservative. Male.

Clambo, I gave my TV away, Seven years ago, this Christmas, it went to my daughter, who had just had her TV quit....

I do not miss it at all.... My moral values have improved for it... And I have more time to do what I want to...

philip

12. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

We did something similar.
    Now it's Verizon FIOS only.
    We use it to watch Netflix and Amazon Prime. This saves us a lot of $$ and we can choose what and when to watch the tube.