JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know this is a hunting post site but:
Tuna.:s0112:

Had a chance to go out with the captain tuna fishing. The bow looking rigs are tuna out riggers. The very end of it has a fishing cord on it, on a quick release. One on the middle too. The out rigger line is pulled down, then the fishing cord is attached to the quick release and pulled to the top. When charlie tuna bites, the cord is pulled loose from the quick release. The end of the cord is attached to the back of the boat by a rubber snubber. Just grab the line and pull in the tuna by hand. In the one picture you can see my fishing pole at the back of the boat. I had a orange glove under it to keep the tuna from racking my pole on the rail. They hit real hard and you are trolling at 6-8 knotts when they hit. I landed five on the pole. Not as much of a fight as I was expecting, but great fun. We did about 20 fish this trip. Looking forward to going out again on a 40-60 fish day.

<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>

Ive been a tuna junky for years. i dont usually use hand line, just the rod and rarely outriggers. Ive had some 12# albacore tear me up on 80# line. When we hook up on one fish we keep trolling as we were for 10 seconds, then stop, usually that will turn into multiple fish on at the same time. Let me tell you, when you hook 5,6, or 7 fish at once and have to keep all the lines free it can be quite a fun time. Its not at all uncommon to have a 20# tuna strip off 200-300 yards of line. keep at it and if you go with light tackle, youll be hooked forever.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top